October 2012 Moms

waiting 3-5 days

are you all still waiting 3-5 days between new foods? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: waiting 3-5 days

• I probably should be but I confess I have not done this on several occasions.

• I hate to say it but I do not it in most cases.   
  • Loading the player...
  • DD has GI issues, so we end up waiting closer to 2 weeks on new foods, though we are back to not even being on solids at all.  Ugh ugh ugh.
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Nope. Last weekend I probably gave her 4 new foods, including mango and eggs. We only do new foods on the weekends and I was annoyed at the lack if variety for her if I waited.
    Lucy: October 2012 
  • imageatxfoodie:
    Nope. Last weekend I probably gave her 4 new foods, including mango and eggs. We only do new foods on the weekends and I was annoyed at the lack if variety for her if I waited.

This is the same for us too.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wally3Wally3 member
    Not really

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We do 24 hrs. per our pedi.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• No. and TBH, I never did that in the beginning either.  just seems like it'll take forever to get DS to eat a variety of foods!
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • AMT1107AMT1107 member
    With stage 1 foods we did, but when we switched to stage 2 foods we didn't because they are already mixed foods that DS has had during the first stage. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I tried at the beginning, now if she looks interesting and it isn't strawberries or honey, I let her taste. I was such a by the book mom with her big sister.... Smh
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • When you start solids it's important to introduce one solid at a time, and wait 3 days to see if baby is allergic to the aliment or not. We started at 6 months and we've first introduced banana but LO also loves avocado. I first find it hard to tell which solids were recommended for her and which to avoid, but I found this website https://goodmomming.com/ and it kind of solved my problem. You could use it when your baby is ready. 

• I started giving O veggies/cereal (very little) at 4months, and from 4-6 months, I did wait with every new food.  Now I just feed her whatever is around and she's been ok.  I do still try to watch and monitor and not give her too many "trigger" foods at once.  Eg.  I didn't give her strawberries and .....(insert other trigger food here) at the same time.  I gave her a strawberries with something that she's already tried.  But neutral stuff, like bread, pasta, meat, etc...I kind of just gave it to her as it came.
  • We do 3 days
    imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • yep at this point we have tried of stuff but  hubby has allergies so I make my lo food and watch like a hawk:)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"