Breastfeeding

How to build stash

I am bad at pumping. My LO eats every two hrs....sometimes only an hour will pass buy at the most at night she will go 3 hrs. I have found that when I pump following a feeding my baby doesn't get enough during the next feeding. I don't go back to work until Aug but I need to build a milk supply. What is the best way to do this?

Re: How to build stash

• When I started building my stash I just pumped once a day after her first "morning" feed.  At first I didn't get very much, maybe 0.5oz total from both sides, but I kept at it and over the course of a couple weeks I was able to increase my supply at that time of morning and get 2-3 oz each morning.  Good Luck!
  • imageKristie330:
    When I started building my stash I just pumped once a day after her first "morning" feed.  At first I didn't get very much, maybe 0.5oz total from both sides, but I kept at it and over the course of a couple weeks I was able to increase my supply at that time of morning and get 2-3 oz each morning.  Good Luck!

This.  Also keep in mind that as your baby gets older, the feedings will spread out a bit and you can work in an extra pumping session.  I find that my morning pumping is much better than afternoon/evening ones, too. 

• Loading the player...
  • Ditto to all of the above.  I'd add not to stress about having a huge stash.  I had a decent sized stash and discovered that I didn't really need it.  The only time I needed a huge stash was the two times I went away for a weekend, so that I had plenty to leave with DD.  And even that I was able to get what I needed adding a pumping session for a week or two.  For day to day, she always got what I pumped the day before.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"