Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Hyperactive baby - diaper suggestions

Hello ladies.  I'm wondering if anyone might know something more about diapers for hard to change babies. My munchkin is extremely active!  He doesn't hate diaper or changing time, it's just that he doesn't ever stop moving (regardless of if a diaper is being changed!) lol. 

He is extremely strong, very quick, and sometimes takes to people to change his diaper because he tosses, turns, arches, and runs away.  People usually just say "oh that's just a normal boy!"..... Then they see him and they realize what I'm talking about.... He's no normal boy, he's a high energy active LO!

but anyways, someone mentioned they have almost "pull up" style diapers which are supposed to be easier in this type of situation..... Anyone familiar??  I'm tired of chasing around my naked baby, pinning him down and tearing diapers! Help!  

Re: Hyperactive baby - diaper suggestions

• Options
    I know Huggies now makes a diaper that can be pulled on/off.  I have wanted to try them because our little guy is very high energy as well and doesn't sit still for nothing.  But Huggies have never worked for us..so I'm not convinced these would work either. 
  • Options
    I still strap DS down to his changing table. It is the only way I can get his diaper changed most days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have toys for my daughter that are JUST for diaper change time so they are "new" to her when she sees them.  Keeps her busy just long enough to get it changed!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks ladies... Ya I was wondering. It was a huggies brand... But I too haven't been a fan of their products. 

Yes and if only the change table had arm and leg tie down straps! Haha my LO rolls over back and forth even when tightly strapped. And as for the toys, great suggestion, works from time to time, but usually throws it or tries to take off crawling with it!  I also turn blue trying to make funny faces and noises to distract him just long enough to do the, supposed to be 30 sec diaper change! Lol 

• Options
    PleionePleione member
    You just described my LO. She's extremely hyperactive, won't be contained by the straps on the changing table, and a toy no longer distracts her like it used to. Nothing works really -  we've done silly sounds, singing, etc etc. It does take two to get anything done. So I have no advice, but I do have sympathy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"