International Bumpies

Intro--Hello from Ghana

Hi ladies!

I live in Ghana, and MH is Ghanaian. We have one son, Samuel (Sam, Sammy), who will be one in less than a month. I've been living here for 5 1/2 years now, and I'm excited that TB finally decided to start an international board

Looking forward to getting to know all of you Smile  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro--Hello from Ghana

• Hallo from Germany friend!
    From Nebraska to Germany, the adventures of the Zwillinge.

BabyFruit Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Guten Tag! 

(Your ticker is a little off there, eh?) 

• Loading the player...
  • Also welcome from my side, also from Germany. Love the picture.

• hellooooo!!

I will be moving to Germany this summer.  :) 

• imageMrsDizzyku:
    Hi ladies!I live in Ghana, and MH is Ghanaian. We have one son, Samuel Sam, Sammy, who will be one in less than a month. I've been living here for 5 1/2 years now, and I'm excited that TB finally decided to start an international boardLooking forward to getting to know all of you [:] nbsp;nbsp;

Hi! I live in Dubai but I was a peace corps volunteer brong ahafo in Ghana ten years ago I met my husband there! Ghana is very special to us. Where do you live? What hospital are you delivering in?
  • imagestyledmama:
    imageMrsDizzyku:
    Hi ladies!I live in Ghana, and MH is Ghanaian. We have one son, Samuel Sam, Sammy, who will be one in less than a month. I've been living here for 5 1/2 years now, and I'm excited that TB finally decided to start an international boardLooking forward to getting to know all of you [:] nbsp;nbsp;

Hi! I live in Dubai but I was a peace corps volunteer  brong ahafo in Ghana  ten years ago I met my husband there! Ghana is very special to us. Where do you live? What hospital are you delivering in?

It must have been an interesting experience being in the Peace Corps--and what a neat way to have met your husband :) I live in Tema, so not very close to Brong Ahafo, the closest I've been to there is Kumase. I delivered in a small private hospital in Sakumono (next to Tema)--a very different experience than the hospital births I've attended in the States!

I have a friend who is just about wrapping up a teaching stint in Dubai--how do you like it?
  • imageestreyas:

Hi from an American in India!

Ghana must be exciting as an expat - how do you enjoy it? 

I've always wanted to visit India, what part do you live in? I enjoy living in Ghana most of the time, but I miss cheese like crazy--dairy is not a big thing here, so any that you find is imported and pretty pricey Stick out tongue But in all seriousness, I really like it here, it has it's challenges, but it's well worth it.

• imagebostonbluejay:

hellooooo!!

I will be moving to Germany this summer.  :) 

Hellloooo bbj! How is the prep for the move going? 

• imageMrsDizzyku:
    imagestyledmama:
    imageMrsDizzyku:

Hi! I live in Dubai but I was a peace corps volunteer  brong ahafo in Ghana  ten years ago I met my husband there! Ghana is very special to us. Where do you live? What hospital are you delivering in?

It must have been an interesting experience being in the Peace Corps--and what a neat way to have met your husband :) I live in Tema, so not very close to Brong Ahafo, the closest I've been to there is Kumase. I delivered in a small private hospital in Sakumono (next to Tema)--a very different experience than the hospital births I've attended in the States!

I have a friend who is just about wrapping up a teaching stint in Dubai--how do you like it?

I like my life in Dubai some things are annoying and sterile but we live on the beach and it is a great place to raise a family. I miss my exciting Ghana life though! My village was in the brong region but I spent a lot of time in Kumasi and Accra because I held a national position within peace corps. It was an incredible time and Ghana is an amazing place with the most special people! I can't imagine being pregnant etc there because my life was so rural and rustic I got a lot of tropical diseases! Do you have to take any special precautions for malaria when pregnant? Living in tema is probably a lot better for it then where I was. I had no electricity or running water!
  • Hi, I am Nigerian but I live in the US, hope you enjoy Africa. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"