Working Moms
Options

It's Judgement Day!

Bring on your judgements and UOs ladies!

Re: It's Judgement Day!

• Options

I judge the Moms of DSs little friends. Every time I suggest getting together for a playgroup or even a Moms night out no one can make it! I seriously probably try and plan something every other week then they complain how we/our kids can never get together anymore....then I judge myself because I keep trying and feel guilty about not trying to organize one for last night's Memorial Day parade. And now I am off to write an email about doing an afternoon playgroup tomorrow. Sigh.

And an early FFFC: I wish that my husband could have the hair on his back transferred to his head. The guy has sooo much effing back hair and if there was some magic way to make it regrow on his head vs his back it would be awesome. Seriously I helped trim it last week and when we were done the floor looked like we had shaved a small dog. I still love him anyways.

• Options
    imagemichaelaskedlauren:

And an early FFFC: I wish that my husband could have the hair on his back transferred to his head. The guy has sooo much effing back hair and if there was some magic way to make it regrow on his head vs his back it would be awesome. Seriously I helped trim it last week and when we were done the floor looked like we had shaved a small dog. I still love him anyways.

HA!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I judge my coworker daily for mispronouncing people's names. Swanson instead of Swenson, Allison instead of Alicia, Warner instead of Warren. This is people he talks to all the time, saying their names to their faces. It just seems ignorant, like he doesn't even care to know what their names are.

He also pronounces Wisconsin "WINsconsin" and it makes me want to punch him. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I judge people who buy cats and dogs. There are so many pets that need homes, why wouldn't you adopt one???

I judge less if you buy a dog that hypoallergenic and you have severe allergies, but even then, I still don't agree with the practice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm judging the girl that flaked on a bachelorette party in 3 weeks after I covered her part of the hotel and tubing trip to go see her dying grandfather that weekend but posted on FB today how she is so excited to go to the lake this week. I wish I could schedule when my loved ones died.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagekbruington:

I'm judging one of my really good friends for getting a gal knocked up because she is getting older, he's gay and hey, a kid would be fun!

Apparently my friend has been giving this gal his sperm for quite some time now without getting a lawyer or making anything official. Their families have no idea this was going on. He works part time at a grocery store, can't afford his own place, parties every night and is probably the most irresponsible person I know (despite all this we still love him) and she lives with her parents, doesn't have a job, no health insurance and is bat sh*t crazy. They are both in their mid 30's so you'd think they would know better but they don't. We found out today that she is pregnant.

I'm not sure I've ever judged someone more than I'm judging them right now. They have NO idea what they are in for, especially because she has told people she hates babies and thinks kids are "gross" until they are about 5 years old. WTF?!

Seriously?! This kid will end up being raised by grandparents, you know since the "parents" already have their room set up at home...sheesh!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Netty_3Netty_3 member

I judge my brother and SIL for inviting their 14 year old son's girlfriend to come on the family reunion trip to CA/Disneyland...WTH!? My SIL is so concerned with him being popular, and having a girlfriend...all of her boys, even the 8 year old...it's like they're 14...they'll probably break up in two weeks!  Plus...what parents of this girl are allowing her to go?! My mom is probably blowing a gasket internally. The rest of the family is thinking the same thing. Plus she invited her without even asking my nephew if he wanted that...what if he just wanted to have fun with his cousins...checking out girls, and now he has his girlfriend there who he fights with every week for some dumb typical teenager reason.

I just feel she's trying to keep them together and make it serious...they're 14!  I feel like she's driving them towards more serious things 14 year olds don't or shouldn't have to think or worry about. May even drive them to a sexual relationship because they're so involved with keeping them together and asking...did you kiss her?  Why won't you kiss her in front of us?...um gross! and why?! Ugh...it REALLY irritates me!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    aeh72aeh72 member

imagePrivacyWanted:
    I judge the mom at DC who always pulls up talking on her phone and leaves talking on her phone. Not blue tooth but holding the actual phone. Her parking job is always awful which to me just shows she pays no attention to the actual act of driving. I'm at the point I may say something

File this under the Moms at daycare file too!  I judge the mom at DC who parks the "wrong way" on the street just so she can be right in front of DC's house.  At first I thought maybe her carseat was on the side where she wanted it to be sidewalk side but, nope - she walks her kid out into the street so he can get into his carseat.  AND, she's now taken to doing this in front of the fire hydrant.  It burns me up that someone could be that self involved!  Yeah, you may have to walk a little bit further (like maybe 2 car lengths) but get over yourself!  People like this make me so angry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemichaelaskedlauren:

I judge the Moms of DSs little friends. Every time I suggest getting together for a playgroup or even a Moms night out no one can make it! I seriously probably try and plan something every other week then they complain how we/our kids can never get together anymore....then I judge myself because I keep trying and feel guilty about not trying to organize one for last night's Memorial Day parade. And now I am off to write an email about doing an afternoon playgroup tomorrow. Sigh.

Similar to this, I judge some women I know who say they will attend a dinner out and then text the day off saying such and such happened (my kid is sick, my husband is working late, my dog is throwing up, etc.) and they aren't going to make it.  If something came up once, okay, I get it, but when it happens every.single.time then how about you just stop making plans because that seems to trigger bad things happening!

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    Virgo17Virgo17 member

I judge people who talk on their cell phone during the entire checkout process at any given store.  It's always some mindless conversation that does not need to be happening right then.  They then act all inconvenienced if the cashier asks them a question. 

Get off the G*d d*mn phone for five seconds!!!!!

• Options
    aeh72aeh72 member

I already did one about a daycare mom - but here's the big one that's been on my mind lately.

I judge my friend who got into a relationship with a guy and within 3 months they were living together and she was having/allowing (?) her daughter to call the boyfriend "Daddy" (bio daddy is not in the picture).  I judge that enough in and of itself, but where I really start to judge is that when they broke up around the 1 year mark (i.e., around the time when most people who are dating begin to make decisions about whether a relationship is potentially long term, and sometimes you realize it is and sometimes you realize it isn't), she's devestated that she's "lost her family." Um, you still have your daughter. She's your family - not the loser (and he had many characteristics of a loser - jail time, current drug use, major ex-wife drama) that you had no business moving in with so quickly and having your daughter call Daddy. Sure, it took two to tango in this fiasco of a relationship but she made the decision to move herself and her daughter in with this man after barely knowing him.  I feel bad for my friend but her life decision making is so bad, my compassion only goes so far anymore and I reserve most of it for her daughter. There - I got that off my chest.

• Options
    imageNetty_3:

I judge my brother and SIL for inviting their 14 year old son's girlfriend to come on the family reunion trip to CA/Disneyland...WTH!? My SIL is so concerned with him being popular, and having a girlfriend...all of her boys, even the 8 year old...it's like they're 14...they'll probably break up in two weeks!  Plus...what parents of this girl are allowing her to go?! My mom is probably blowing a gasket internally. The rest of the family is thinking the same thing. Plus she invited her without even asking my nephew if he wanted that...what if he just wanted to have fun with his cousins...checking out girls, and now he has his girlfriend there who he fights with every week for some dumb typical teenager reason.

I just feel she's trying to keep them together and make it serious...they're 14!  I feel like she's driving them towards more serious things 14 year olds don't or shouldn't have to think or worry about. May even drive them to a sexual relationship because they're so involved with keeping them together and asking...did you kiss her?  Why won't you kiss her in front of us?...um gross! and why?! Ugh...it REALLY irritates me!

Although the kissing thing and pushing them together is really odd, I will say that my sister's boyfriend used to come on vacations with us. I think all the parents involved just kind of gave up/gave in. :)  They were about 14 when they started dating.  They got married at age 19 and 20, had a kid a few years later, and are still married today.  For starting out so young and immature, they are two of the most level-head, responsible people I know now.  He owns his own business and she just graduated from graduate school as a SLP.  So... you never know! 

ETA:  I judge about 90% of the people in our new neighborhood because they are god awful drivers!  That big red octagon that says "stop" on it means STOP, you moron.  I swear I've almost been t-boned just driving down the main road in the edition about 14 times in the past 3 months we lived here.  With a newborn and toddler in the backseat, it terrifies me.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageEAMartin1004:
    I might get flamed for this one.  I judge my friend for still giving her 20 month old son a bottle because he'll cry if she doesn't.  I feel bad for this judgement because she's my friend, but it drives me up the wall.  I have done everything I can to convince her that he'll survive without it.  But she admits that she does it just because she doesn't want him to cry.

This would bother me more than the bottle (although I am an advocate for no bottles after 1) - What else will she "give in" over when he cries?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options

imageEAMartin1004:
    I might get flamed for this one.  I judge my friend for still giving her 20 month old son a bottle because he'll cry if she doesn't.  I feel bad for this judgement because she's my friend, but it drives me up the wall.  I have done everything I can to convince her that he'll survive without it.  But she admits that she does it just because she doesn't want him to cry.

I am guilty of this!  But my son is only 15months.  We are slowly trying to drop the bottle.  I didn't start sooner b/c DH and I recently went on a kidfree vacation and I wanted everything to go as smooth as possible for my mom watching them for 5days.  Now I am trying to drop it and it is sooo hard.  I have 2 kids to get out the door by myself in the morning.  DD is already a handful (age 2.5).  Every little thing is an argument about her clothes, her hair, wanting to take her toys to school, etc.  DS is so easy... as long as he has his morning bottle.  If I don't give him one he is a cranky mess, like lays down on the floor and cries.  So yes I am weak!

However I will say that I majorly judge parents who give their kids a bottle out in public. Like its one thing to have trouble dropping the bedtime bottle. It's another thing to be out at Chickfila with your almost 2yr old, who is eating a kids meal and then the parent just gives them a bottle of milk afterward.  Like why???  I also judge toddlers who constantly have pacis in their mouths. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    shannmshannm member

imagefinancialdiva:
    I judge people who buy cats and dogs. There are so many pets that need homes, why wouldn't you adopt one??? I judge less if you buy a dog that hypoallergenic and you have severe allergies, but even then, I still don't agree with the practice.

Totally agree.  I can't believe there are pet stores still in business. 

• Options
    imageMammaBear81:

imageEAMartin1004:

This would bother me more than the bottle (although I am an advocate for no bottles after 1) - What else will she "give in" over when he cries?

DD had a bottle until 19 months.  She has barely had any milk to drink whatsoever since we took it away.  Refuses it out of cups, sippies, straw cups, etc. 

I have to get calcium into her in other ways, b/c she will not budge.  She's 2 years old now.  My pedi says to just feed her yogurt, cheese, etc.  I've tried everything to get her to drink milk.  She is one stubborn kid. 

• Options

My UO is that I think people who don't exercise and just make excuses are super lazy. 

I also have a hard time with people who are not worldly at all.  For example, people who have never left the country, don't know anything about other cultures or ethnicities. and have no desire to ever see the world.  And no, cruises to the Caribbean do not count as "seeing the world." 

• Options
    imagelaurakaz13:

My UO is that I think people who don't exercise and just make excuses are super lazy. 

I also have a hard time with people who are not worldly at all.  For example, people who have never left the country, don't know anything about other cultures or ethnicities. and have no desire to ever see the world.  And no, cruises to the Caribbean do not count as "seeing the world." 

Gosh, I've always considered being able to travel anywhere a privilege and international travel a real privilege given that the vast majority of people can't afford those kinds of trips.  That seems an odd thing to judge when it's so often out of people's control (unless maybe they should save their hard earned money for a trip to China instead of their retirement or medical bills or a college fund for their kids.)

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    imageitsmevkb:
    imagelaurakaz13:

Gosh, I've always considered being able to travel anywhere a privilege and international travel a real privilege given that the vast majority of people can't afford those kinds of trips.  That seems an odd thing to judge when it's so often out of people's control (unless maybe they should save their hard earned money for a trip to China instead of their retirement or medical bills or a college fund for their kids.)

Oh, it is a privilege. I fully admit that it's my b*tchy, judgey opinion, but maybe I should have saved it for UO day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"