September 2013 Moms

TMI Warning

I've heard women say spotting after sex is common but I'm 25.5 weeks and haven't spotted once during my pregnancy. My SO and I just had sex for the first time in about 6 weeks because I had been on restriction for having a low lying placenta, but have been cleared. He had some bright red blood on him afterwards and I did too after I went to the bathroom and cleaned up. Is bright red blood/pinkish urine ok or should I be concerned? i dont have cramping or anything else. We are about 3 hours from my OB on vacation so I guess we should have been more careful. Any insight will be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: TMI Warning

• I think that they usually say unless you have the spotting accompanied with cramping, you shouldn't be concerned. Are you able to call your OB and ask?

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• I would keep an eye on it. If you start getting cramps and or the blood increases you need to call.

Probably irritated your cervix since it's been so long.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Cleo421Cleo421 member
    My advice in these situations is to always call your doc and let him or her tell you if you should be concerned or come in. That's why they make the big bucks! So we don't have to do our own guesswork.
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • imagemagdalina.h:

I would keep an eye on it. If you start getting cramps and or the blood increases you need to call.

Probably irritated your cervix since it's been so long.

My thoughts exactly, but call if you feel you need reassurance. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • imagelaurelannie:
    I'd say with your history of a low lying placenta it would be a very good idea to alert your doctor. While it's probably nothing, your doctor is able to check your most recent ultrasounds and is more able to judge the seriousness than we can.
    This.
    And regarding the urine questions. Blood in urine us always a reason to talk to the dr. Plus you know it wasn't from urine bc it was in him, too.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • I wouldn't be concerned as it seems like it was very little. I would probably call my doctor's office just to see what they say though.

Anniversary
  • imagemagdalina.h:
    I would keep an eye on it. If you start getting cramps and or the blood increases you need to call.Probably irritated your cervix since it's been so long.

This
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"