September 2013 Moms

Don't want to be at work!

I have a great job at a latge company,for which I am very grateful, but today I just had the hardest time getting myself here and being engaged, even though I really do mostly enjoy my job! The further along I get, the more I seem to feel this way.

Anyone else have this going on? Any tips to overcome this feeling? I'm a first time mom. Worried post baby it's going to get much worse!!! I never pictured myself as a stay at home mom, I'm a very driven busy body type person typically.

Re: Don't want to be at work!

• I could have written this post word for word! I had an especially rough night last night ::see my migraine post:: and I found myself on the train into work thinking maybe I would want to work part time when the baby arrives. That is soooooo not me! And I love my job!
    "She's the tied for the third-funniest person on this board!" -S13 Bumpies

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I know how you feel. Plus it's been super dead at work so I sit around all day thinking about things I would rather be doing or gettng done. I already know it's going to be 10 times worse once my little man is here!

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• Loading the player...
  • lol
    I don't even want to work and it's our own company.
    Thank god my husband has been picking up a lot of my slack cause I am pretty worthless these days. 
  • ejb23ejb23 member
    Me too! Just an overwhelming distracted and exhausted feeling that makes me want to be at home crossing things off from my baby to do list rather than work to do!!
    I don't think it will be any better once she gets here! Uh oh!

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I neve had an issue with working until I got pregnant. My first trimester was easier in reference to work. I feel very uninterested in work and extremely scatter brained which causes me to make more mistakes which makes me not want to work even more.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • DFico21DFico21 member

imageejb23:
    Me too! Just an overwhelming distracted and exhausted feeling that makes me want to be at home crossing things off from my baby to do list rather than work to do!! I don't think it will be any better once she gets here! Uh oh!

This is me except my to do list is school related.  This is my last week of the semester for my 3 classes and everything is due by Saturday night.   I have been doing homework every night after work for 2 weeks and I still have a online final, a 14+ page paper and several misc. assignments left. I am truly exhausted every night.  Work is slow this week and I would give anything not be here but home getting this stuff done. 

• imageejb23:
    Me too! Just an overwhelming distracted and exhausted feeling that makes me want to be at home crossing things off from my baby to do list rather than work to do!! I don't think it will be any better once she gets here! Uh oh!

This exactly. I get to 1 pm and don't want to be here. I love my job, but I just feel really distracted and want to be home.

• after working from home yesterday due to split OB appts (one at 1130 and one at 130) I really do not want to be in the office today either.

• So glad it's not just me. I'm going to have to snap out of it bc financially we can't afford for me not too work...
  • imageejb23:

This completely!  And it was made worse that DH dropped me off this morning in shorts with his golf clubs since his office is particpating in a golf tournament today...nice way to spend a work day huh?

**TTC since June 2009** April 2011: 50mg Clomid = Elevated level, BFN DH SA = Excellent May 2011: 50mg Clomid = Elevated Prog level, BFN June 2011: 50mg Clomid = Elevated Prog level, BFN July 2011: 50mg Clomid = Low Prog level, BFN August 2011: 100mg Clomid = Elevated Prog level, BFN Sept 2011: 100mg Clomid = Elevated Prog level, BFN HSG = Nothing abnormal/blocked Oct 2011: 100mg Clomid = Elevated Prog level, BFN November 2011: Referred to RE (6 month wait) Nov 2011 - March 2012: unmedicated cycles = BFN April 2012: RE initial visit/baseline tests May 2, 2012: IUI #1: Femara + Ovidrel injection = BFN May 16, 2012: IUI Cycle #2 - Femara = BFP!! (6/12/2012) July 3, 2012: no heartbeat detected 7w2d :( July 6, 2012: Confirmed MMC 6w4d - D&C July 11, 2012 Sept 7, 2012: IUI Cycle #3 - Femara + Ovidrel = Early Miscarriage Sept/Oct 2012: IUI Cycle #4 - Femara = BFN Follow-up with RE Nov 13, 2012 - Follistim, Ganorelex, Ovidrel, IUI (Nov 27, 2012), & Progesterone = BFN Dec 26, 2012 - Follistim, Ganorilex, Ovidrel & IUI = BFP BabyFruit Ticker Began Domestic Adoption Adventure - application accepted Home Study Classes - Oct/Nov 2012 Home Visit Nov 27, 2012 - All Paperwork submitted Homestudy Approved Jan 3, 2013!!! & BFP Days after...what a January!
  • I am so glad I have tomorrow off.  There have been many days over the past few months where I just want to say F this and stay home when I have the baby.  But then there are days I love what I do.

DH and I decided that I'll come back to work after the baby and give it 6 months.  If I decide I don't want to do this anymore and stay home, I will.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • jchytiljchytil member
    yup exhausted not engaged and not wanting to work. I am going to leave early today!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I couldn't agree more! Just the very thought of going to work makes me want to cringe :(

I thought I was the only one feeling this way!!!
  • I have no motivation at work... its getting worst by the day. I never pictured myself a stay at home mom either... hopefully when it comes time to go back to work I wont have too hard of a time!
    Melissa (30) & Chris (30)
    BFP Oct 16, 2012 M/C Nov 10, 2012
    BFP Dec 31, 2012 EDD Sept 12, 2013

Brody was born on September 23, 2013 at 6.33am weighing 8lb 14oz.  
    Hes our angel... :)

• I deal with this too. I have my good and bad days. Some days I just am focused on all of the things I want/have to get ready for my LO. I just try to keep myself busy at work so the day goes by fast.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I'm like the exact opposite, when I'm at home I'm antsy about baby stuff and the time seems to crawl by, especially because my husband is on the road right now. But when I'm at work I'm engaged, my mind is occupied, and the time flies by without having to think about baby stuff hardly at all, except when I get kicked in the bladder. But I think it helps that I'm a teacher, I'm running from one thing to the next all day long and the day passes in no time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"