Nurseries and Baby Gear

What else with Medela pump?

I registered for the Medela Pump In Style Advanced Backpack and nursing pads.  Is there anything else that I will need with it?  I also registered for the Dr Brown's deluxe gift set of bottles and a drying rack.  Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: What else with Medela pump?

• You might want to double check that your insurance company won't pay for your breast pump.  A lot of companies are paying for them with the new healthcare registration.  As far as other nursing related things you might need//want to think about registering for: breastmilk storage bags, replacement valves, nursing tank or two for you.  Other ladies might have more suggestions, but that is what I can think of off the top of my head.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Lanolin,or some other BF safe lubricant. Always have a few spare membranes on hand (the little white discs). The steam bags are nice and can be used at work or at home- some moms use them to transport their pump pieces. You may also want to look into a hands-free pumping bra, I personally LOVE the simple wishes one (can also purchase thru amazon).

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Nursing tanks, BM Storage bags, Nursing Pads...

Like PP said check with your insurance on the pump. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • klyannklyann member

hands free pumping bra (medela makes one)

storage bags

be prepared to need different size flanges (the funnels), but a LC can help you with that if you need it.

I liked the medela microwave steam sterilizer bags for my pump parts

DD liked the regular medela bottles/nipples which are WAY easier to clean than Dr. Browns.  

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• While I was in the hospital, the medium size that the pump comes with was fine. After a few weeks of pumping, I started to need the large size. The pump kind of makes you swell up after use. 

Tommy Tippie has these cleansing wipes that come in a green package. You can use them for cleaning off pacifiers and breast pump supplies. I used these at work after pumping. 

I also bought an extra ice pack for the pump because after 8 hours of overnight use, I needed one for use at work. I bought a handsfree bra from amazon because it was cheaper. After a week, I bought another because they can get pretty messy from the lanolin, so you wash them often. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I second the simple wishes hands-free bra, it is a must for me.  Another thing you may want is the car adapter for your pump (I don't have this pump, but I'm assuming one is available). 
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"