Toddlers: 24 Months+

Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy?

The other night at work my co worker said that her 4 year old eats an entire package of hot dogs. i'm not sayig my kids never eat hot dogs, but an entire package? Seems a bit much for anyone. She thought I was crazy because my girls only get one to start with. DD 1 gets a 2nd if she asks for it but at 17 months DD 2 doesn't need more than 1 IMO. I wasn't trying to be judgy but when she said it just surprised me so much I couldn't hide my reaction.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy?

• That's more hot dogs than DD has had in her life!  I think my biggest concern if I were her mother would be that the meal itself is not well rounded.  I mean she's got to be eating hot dogs and nothing else, how could you possible have room for grains or fruit/veggies? 
  • Like in one sitting?  Thats like 8!  gosh... when I buy hotdogs it seems like more them 1/2 of them go bad!
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter doesn't has the best menu, but hot dogs are so bad for you and gross. That's terrible
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's disgusting. We eat hot dogs on occasion but they are decent (Hebrew National all beef) and he gets 1. If he's really hungry, he may ask for another but I usually encourage him to eat his fruit and salad before he gets it, or start with half and go from there. I think it's gross when my H polishes off 3 hot dogs...

• Ew that's gross to many hot dogs at once .

My children get hot dogs every once in a while but I always serve it with a fruit and vegetable.

To keep them from going bad we freeze them in a big ziplock bag then take out just how many we need at a time to thaw and cook 

• Umm, that's gross. I would never let my child eat 8 hot dogs in one setting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • OMG, that's more hot dogs than DD has had in her entire life!  Forget the health issues, I'm kind of horrified that a 4 year old can eat that quantity in one sitting.  My DH couldn't eat half that amount.
  • Hot dogs are gross.  I'm surprised her kid doesn't vomit?  This happened once or often?  That's enough hot dogs for an entire family!  And I agree with pp that obviously there were no side dishes and possibly no bread. Yuck. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In one sitting? Or total? Neither one of my kids will eat hot dogs so we rarely buy them. I happen to love them, though. LOL. 
  • That's ridiculous. My DS can barely finish one. I couldn't even eat an entire package and trust me, I can eat.
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No, that is crazy for sure!  DS1 has never even eaten a hot dog!  Lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

• Wow, that's a lot of sodium that child is taking in one sitting.
  • I cannot imagine that would be good for anyone, let alone a toddler. OK I'm going to be judgey hereI think it's disgusting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • aandgaandg member
    That's disgusting! My kids get the occasional turkey dog from Trader Joes, but they only get one.
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maybe they meant 1/2 a pack.. you know, how they come in two separate packs to keep them fresh. In the case of the Oscar Mayer classic hotdogs, that would be 5 hot dogs... 550 calories, 45 grams of fat, and 1700 mg of sodium. Ummmm yeah.. that is gross!!!

• My son doesn't like hot dogs.  But I am a grown adult and I only eat 2, if any at all.  So yeah. Way too much!  Replace some of those chemicals with some vegetables, coworker!
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
  • imagepitterpatter129:

Hot dogs are gross.  I'm surprised her kid doesn't vomit?  This happened once or often?  That's enough hot dogs for an entire family!  And I agree with pp that obviously there were no side dishes and possibly no bread. Yuck. 

It sounded like this was a regular thing every time they have hot dogs.And according to her, their 2 year old "isn't far behind." I agree that they must not serve anything else with it.
  • imageled2009:
    imagepitterpatter129:

Hot dogs are gross.  I'm surprised her kid doesn't vomit?  This happened once or often?  That's enough hot dogs for an entire family!  And I agree with pp that obviously there were no side dishes and possibly no bread. Yuck. 

It sounded like this was a regular thing every time they have hot dogs.And according to her, their 2 year old "isn't far behind." I agree that they must not serve anything else with it.

Good grief!  If she's bragging to you about it, she's probably proud.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

• DS has had less than that in his almost 3 years of life! Hot dogs are nasty! Yuck...I don't even buy them. Sorry if people like them. I'm just a healthy eating, exercise freak!
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"