Pregnant after a Loss

Face wash

I'm having major breakouts and really oily skin. Does anyone know of a face wash that is safe during pregnancy that can help this? I normally use clean and clear continuous acne cleanser but I stopped when I found out I was pregnant and my face is not happy. :( 

TTC since August 2011
BFP#1 3/16/12 EDD 11/21/12 Delivered 6/1/12 at 15 weeks 2 days
"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together... Keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." ~ Winnie the Pooh

BFP#2 4/14/13 EDD 12/24/13 Please be our rainbow after the storm!
Beta#1 @ 15dpo 274, P4 16.9 Beta#2 @ 18dpo 940!! Doubling time of 40 hours!! u/s @ 6w2d showed a beautiful HB of 120! u/s @ 10w1d HB 174!! Grow, LO Grow!! Found out 7/22 we are TEAM BLUE!!
Zaiden Harper was born 12/22/13 at 1:46 am. 9lbs 8oz and 22in
~*~AL Always Welcome~*~
imageimage
Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Face wash

• I am using Belli products.  I love them!
  • I've used St. Ives face wash recently and it helps SOMEWHAT. But I break out like crazy anyways, this is pretty much "normal" for me. I can't wait to get back on the good stuff hehe
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 - March 26, 2012, MMC discovered May 21, 2012
    BFP 2 - October 30, 2012, Rainbow Baby Boy born July 14, 2013
    TTC no sooner than November 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't use anything with salicyclic acid or retinol (or retin-A) or anythign that sounds like it might be retinol.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Thanks! I'm going to google it now! :) 

TTC since August 2011
    "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together... Keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." ~ Winnie the Pooh

Beta#1 @ 15dpo 274, P4 16.9 Beta#2 @ 18dpo 940!! Doubling time of 40 hours!! u/s @ 6w2d showed a beautiful HB of 120! u/s @ 10w1d HB 174!! Grow, LO Grow!! Found out 7/22 we are TEAM BLUE!!
    ~*~AL Always Welcome~*~
    imageimage

• I use Alba Botanical cleansing gel facewash (from Target), and another oily skin one I got at Earth Fare (natural foods grocery store) -- it's Desert Essence brand.  No salicylic acid or willow bark in either.  My MW okay'd anything with Benzyl Peroxide in it too, though that might be something you'd want to ask your doctor about.  I have really oily skin, and I just started seeing breakouts again after a calm 2nd tri. : HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBootsOrHearts:
    Don't use anything with salicyclic acid or retinol (or retin-A) or anythign that sounds like it might be retinol.

Thanks Boots!  

TTC since August 2011

~*~AL Always Welcome~*~
    imageimage

• Thanks ladies! 

TTC since August 2011

~*~AL Always Welcome~*~
    imageimage

• imageweaslewam:
    I've used St. Ives face wash recently and it helps SOMEWHAT. But I break out like crazy anyways, this is pretty much "normal" for me. I can't wait to get back on the good stuff hehe

I have a history of really bad skin and I finally have had it under control for the past year. Now it feels like I'm going back to the drawing board. Ugh :(  

TTC since August 2011

~*~AL Always Welcome~*~
    imageimage

• I just started using the belli line.
  • imageHollyBee1022:
    I use Alba Botanical cleansing gel facewash from Target, and another oily skin one I got at Earth Fare natural foods grocery store it's Desert Essence brand.nbsp; No salicylic acid or willow bark in either.nbsp; My MW okay'd anything with Benzyl Peroxide in it too, though that might be something you'd want to ask your doctor about.nbsp; I have really oily skin, and I just started seeing breakouts again after a calm 2nd tri. : HTH!

I was told no benzoyl peroxide. In surprised she told you that's ok.
  • My skin has been so greasy for the past week and a half! I just purchased some Belli products and so far, so good!

______________________________________________________________________________

TTC#1 since 4/11 : m/c in 9/11 & 11/11
    DH dx with Balanced Translocation 5/12 
    Did 3 IVFs - 10/12, 1/13 & 4/13 before
    1 embryo passed PGD and transferred - BFP
    Our beautiful baby girl has arrived!
    S/PAIF Welcome

______________________________________________________________________________
  • You might try apple cider vinegar. It sounds weird, but you use 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water. It is a natural toner that I use at night. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imagemjester1:
    imageHollyBee1022:
    I use Alba Botanical cleansing gel facewash from Target, and another oily skin one I got at Earth Fare natural foods grocery store it's Desert Essence brand.nbsp; No salicylic acid or willow bark in either.nbsp; My MW okay'd anything with Benzyl Peroxide in it too, though that might be something you'd want to ask your doctor about.nbsp; I have really oily skin, and I just started seeing breakouts again after a calm 2nd tri. : HTH!

I heard mixed reviews on benzoyl peroxide so I decided to stay away from it.  

TTC since August 2011

~*~AL Always Welcome~*~
    imageimage

• pkarenpkaren member

I used proactiv before getting pg and continued to use it after as well. Benzyl peroxide is apparently safe, but salicylic acid is on the list to stay away from. If you're putting it on your face for literally a few seconds, then washing it away, I don't have a problem with that. Step 2 of proactiv is basically just witch hazel, I just used step 3 sparingly and only where I needed it during my first tri. Even using the proactiv, my face was a hot mess during 1st tri and calmed down during 2nd. I'm also way more oiler than I normally am. I use oil blotting sheets during the day instead of applying more powder to cut the shine. GL! :)

ETA: I also use some seaweed products from The Body Shop. I use the day time moisturizer and it helps control the oil on my face! The seaweed line is great for oily skin.

BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• imagerainbwbby1:
    You might try apple cider vinegar. It sounds weird, but you use 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water. It is a natural toner that I use at night.nbsp;nbsp;

...Lurking...
    Try plain old tomatoes. I run one through a food processor, pack the pulp on my face and let sit for about 30 min. All natural

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome

• imagelinzeeh80:

imagemjester1:
    imageHollyBee1022:

Me too!
  • Me too! Where do you buy belli products.?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKKDRAGONFLY:
    Me too! Where do you buy belli products.?
    Amazon has them. 

TTC since August 2011

~*~AL Always Welcome~*~
    imageimage

• imagemjester1:
    imagelinzeeh80:

imagemjester1:
    imageHollyBee1022:

Me too!

Yeah, I think it depends on the doctor.  I don't use it in my facewash, but have used it topically if I'm desperate (not very often). I use Witch Hazel astringent, like the PP, too.

• imagejenohouston:
    I am using Belli products.  I love them!

same here :) 

BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • Try Lush.

https://www.lushusa.com/Coalface/00233,en_US,pd.html?start=7&cgid=cleansers

They make handmade soaps, lotions, etc.  Most of their products are preservative free. I use their face soap called Coalface.  I have really oily skin and used to break out a lot, Since I've started using it, I barely have breakouts. The soap may look expensive online, but it lasts forever. I might only need to buy two or three bars a year. They send a huge chunk of soap.  You can it up and make small bars. They also make some great scrubs. Ocean Salt is my absolute favorite.

• I was all set to respond to mention that I loved my Cetaphil Normal/Oily skin cleanser, but decided to check the ingredients first. It has something called methylparaben in it and I just found that "chemical" isn't reccomended for pregnancy.  Ugh. Thank you for posting this and making me think!

• obbb3obbb3 member
    I use apple cider vinegar as an astringent too and love it, though DH complains about the smell. Recently I've been drinking lemon juice with hot water to replace my normal afternoon tea and I've seen a dramatic increase in my breakouts during that time. It could easily be a coincidence but unless you hate lemon juice or get heartburn, there's no harm in trying it.
  • You can get Belli from Dermstore or Amazon.
  • awesnapawesnap member

Oil control therapy. My skin is so much less greasy, less irritated, less pimples. 

One tblsp carrier oil (I use coconut because it smells good) and one tblsp of cold pressed castor oil. Mix in an easy to use container. Like the travel ones you get at target. 

Use a dime to a quarter size of oil. Rub it in gently. While rubbing, have the faucet on to get hot. Get a washcloth, get it hot, wring it out and let it sit on your face until it cools. About a minute. Wipe excess oil off with the washcloth. 

Rinse with water in the morning if needed.  That's it! No more tight face after washing. 

BFP CP 1/12/11 DD born 10/16/11
  • imageawesnap:

Oil control therapy. My skin is so much less greasy, less irritated, less pimples. 

One tblsp carrier oil (I use coconut because it smells good) and one tblsp of cold pressed castor oil. Mix in an easy to use container. Like the travel ones you get at target. 

Use a dime to a quarter size of oil. Rub it in gently. While rubbing, have the faucet on to get hot. Get a washcloth, get it hot, wring it out and let it sit on your face until it cools. About a minute. Wipe excess oil off with the washcloth. 

Rinse with water in the morning if needed.  That's it! No more tight face after washing. 

I do this also. If you look up the oil cleanse method it gives you the breakdown of castor oil to whatever other oil you use depending on your skin type. 

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"