February 2013 Moms

Post Baby Belly

Is anyone else having a hard time getting rid of their baby bump?  I know it takes time and I should know better considering this is my second, but I cant help but feel horrible about myself when I see celebrities a few months after having their babies and their bellies are nonexistant.  And what is even worse is  that I have lost the majority of my baby weight (I think I have about 5 lbs to go) my arms and legs are skinny but I still have a gut, one of my clients even asked me if I was having Irish Twins because he knew I just had a baby and thought I was having another :(

Re: Post Baby Belly

• Ditto on everything you just said, only add into it the mother of all stretchmark collections.  I am having horrible self body-image issues, and DH isn't helping any.  I know he thinks I am beautiful, but it would be really nice to hear once in a while.  Maybe I wouldn't feel so fat, frumpy, and unattractive.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• imageTeacher Clark:
    Celebrities have personal trainers, dieticians, nannies... Basically a ton of extra help in getting them to that perfect shape so quickly. Some people naturally bounce back immediately, most do not. Don't let hollywoods unrealistic, self centered, materialistic ideals make you feel bad.

You just made a human. Your body changed significantly in 9 months, it will take some time to get it back to normal. It may never get back to normal either. That doesn't make you any less beautiful.

I seriously hate that women have so much unrealistic pressure to walk out of the hospital looking like they were never even pregnant.

And your client is an ignorant douchecanoe.

All of this!

Side note: was 'douchecanoe' intentional? Yes or no, it's hysterical. Ha.

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with PPs.  It took your body 9 months to get stretched out, it should take another 9 or so to go back. Personally, I have lost 44 lbs and have 11 to go to reach pre-pregnancy weight and I have what my hubby refers to as a gunt. Which horrible enough, I remember laughing about those when I was still a teenager. I was making fun of my future self. How sad. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yeah I lost all the weight I gained while pregnant, but my tummy looks like a deflated balloon. I gained about 20 lbs in the year or two leading up to getting KU, and am having a very hard time losing that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have had three students ask me if I was having another baby. They are 9 and 10. So I guess this summer I am going to be working my butt off.
  • add me to team deflated balloon belly... lol

TeacherClark makes some excellent points! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm not sure mine is ever going to go away. #4 ruined my stomach :(

• As much as it sucks, I really do appreciate reading that i'm not the only one feeling terribly about myself!  I know this is the way "it's supposed to be" and that in 5 years we'll all probably be normal and not worry about this anymore, BUT it sucks to watch one of my best friends literally lose her weight, belly and any flabbiness in 2 WEEKS after having her baby.  Seriously, she was right back in her prepregnancy jeans and then continued to lose a little more weight.  Jealous?  Yes.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yikes.  Some days I feel the same way.  I ended up joining Weight Watchers to get rid of it, and it is working.  Plus I try and make sure I do sit ups and I have been using a hula hoop (I read in Womens Health that its a great way to tighten your core).  I think it's working.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • PS - I totally agree with you on the second baby thing.  With my first, the weight fell off and I was back to "normal."  Now my clothes don't fit the same, despite the weight loss.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Drea926Drea926 member

My belly is still pretty darn flabby and jiggly, but I also joined WW and the dieting is helping. I also try to do an ab workout a few times a week and I do power yoga once a week which incorporates a lot of core. I think I can get back there! Where there's a will, there's a way. :-)

Also - I do have pretty bad tiger stripes. I've been using Palmer's oil twice a day, and they are fading slowly. No bikinis this summer though - maybe next year! :P 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Thanks ladies I feel a lot better knowing I am not the only one who has a deflated balloon belly.  And I consider anyone who was able to walk out of the hospital wearing their pre-pregnancy jeans a-holes haha.
  • imagecorikitz:
    Thanks ladies I feel a lot better knowing I am not the only one who has a deflated balloon belly.  And I consider anyone who was able to walk out of the hospital wearing their pre-pregnancy jeans a-holes haha.

Freaks of nature I tell ya.  Breastfeeding is making me eat like a teen boy.  It is not ok.  My sister told me while I was still pg "you know how everyone says you lose tons of weight bfing?  well, not in our family, we hang on to it for dear life."  Truer words.  Dangit.  

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• 2moms2b2moms2b member

I am too in the deflated balloon camp.  The twins wrecked my tummy and even my doctor during a follow up appointment to check on my abs told me surgery will be needed to get rid of the horrible left over skin... 

The other day I was having a really bad self image day so I sat down and made a list of the things I would never wear or do with my new body.  I will never wear a bikini again, my shirts can't be as tight and my jeans can't be as low rise.  When I looked over the list they were all things I could easily compensate for in other ways and it made me feel a little better.  I then went out and gave myself a budget and used my new list to get a few clothing items.  Now when I am having a really bad day I rock my new clothes and it gives me a new found confidence in my body.  I also used to do things like yard work in a sports bra so now I just do that in the back yard. I know it sounds stupid but it is forcing me to accept my new body instead of hide it.  Wear it proud.  I also started a savings fund for a tummy tuck should that be the course I choose to go later.

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • akp0709akp0709 member
    I swear that my hips spread after each LO! I am 2 lbs over pre-pregnancy weight and my jeans are not close to fitting. In fact, I wearing 2 sizes up! There is no way 2 lbs is making that much difference. 
    "Always remember there was nothing worth sharing like the love that let us share our name"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • emd886emd886 member
    imageally2011:

imagecorikitz:
    Thanks ladies I feel a lot better knowing I am not the only one who has a deflated balloon belly.  And I consider anyone who was able to walk out of the hospital wearing their pre-pregnancy jeans a-holes haha.

Freaks of nature I tell ya.  Breastfeeding is making me eat like a teen boy.  It is not ok.  My sister told me while I was still pg "you know how everyone says you lose tons of weight bfing?  well, not in our family, we hang on to it for dear life."  Truer words.  Dangit.  

Right there with you! I've only lost about half of my baby weight. I work out 3-5 times a week but I'm hungry 24/7 and this scale is not moving!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageally2011:

imagecorikitz:

Our families must be in close relation, because I have this nonstop ravenous appetite and after I lost ten lbs, It all stopped. I eat all damn day! DH looooves to point out how "so-and-so's wife lost soooo much weight when she breastfed." Eff you, husband-man.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"