Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Swing Naps

Lo is just shy of her first birthday. During her last developmental leap 1011m, her sleeping got all messed up. She fought naps and bedtime and after an hr would finally fall asleep but wake up after 30 mins. If I wanted a decent nap I used the swing. She is somewhat back to normal in that I can rock her to sleep again but she is still waking up too soon and I know this bc if I go in an rock/nurse she falls right back to sleep on me. She will take a 2 hr swing nap though, it's like heaven haha. But she's a yr old and should be napping in her crib right? She needs 1 hr naps atleast morning and afternoon. What is your child's napping like?

Re: Swing Naps

• Options
    We nurse/rock to sleep for naps and bedtime. Sometimes she falls asleep sometimes she doesn't. But it's a calming routine she loves. If its nap time I will lay her in her crib and she will fuss/play for an hr, bedtime is much easier. She woke up quickly today so I came in, layed her back down and tried to get her to go back to sleepshe cried for an hr. we get much better sleep out of the swing!!!
  • Options
    We sometimes use the swing too because DS still fits and if he wanted to take an evening catnap. But if we are home and its his normal morning and afternoon nap times I actively try to put him in his crib. Some days are more successful than others. Otherwise he naps in his carseat when we're out and about on the weekends because we still use the infant carrier so it's convenient. But he has no issues napping in the crib at daycare.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I suggest sleep training asap. Does LO sleep in the crib all night? When my LO wakes up early from a nap I let her CIO if I know she isn't hungry or sick and if I know she is still tired. I suggest consistantly letting your LO CIO in their crib and don't cave. If you put LO in a swing they will learn crying equals swing. Shouldn't take too long to sleep train...
  • Options
    I lay with ds on a floor bed until he's asleep. He naps 1 to 2 hours. I don't plan on breaking this until, for some reason, it stops working.

We have never had issues with naps, though. He's always been a great napper.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I should have said she's been taking crib naps since 69m old. 06m she only wanted to nap on me! But after 6m old she finally started napping in her crib. But when she goes into sleep regressions I do use the swing mostly bc I want her to get her sleep. She sleeps through the night no problem but has been waking up at 6 am and I put her in my bed and nurse her back to sleep bc neither of us is ready to get up yet. I let her CIO today and I've done it many times, after an hour of screaming I finally had to get her. It did not work today.
  • Options
    imagekaybee10:
    I should have said she's been taking crib naps since 69m old. 06m she only wanted to nap on me! But after 6m old she finally started napping in her crib. But when she goes into sleep regressions I do use the swing mostly bc I want her to get her sleep. She sleeps through the night no problem but has been waking up at 6 am and I put her in my bed and nurse her back to sleep bc neither of us is ready to get up yet. I let her CIO today and I've done it many times, after an hour of screaming I finally had to get her. It did not work today.

Oh I see. Well if it's just a day or so I wouldn't worry. Sometimes my DD wakes up early from a nap like today when she isn't feeling well and I cuddle her for the rest of her nap.
  • Options
    My daughter naps in the swing at home but in the crib at daycare but they have to rock her to sleep.  At night, she falls asleep in the swing and we transfer her to the crib.  We've tried having her fall asleep in the crib and it wasn't happening.  She's 11 months and still fits in her swing great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"