Breastfeeding

Fenugreek and blessed thistle after gallbladder surgery

I just had my gallbladder removed Thursday. Can I go ahead and resume fenugreek and blessed thistle or should I hold off bc of the potential harshness on my stomach?
MF (low motility) - Began stims for IVF#1 7/21/12
ER 8/2/12 - 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature and ICSI'd, 6 fertilized. ET 8/7 - 2 embies. Beta#1 8/17: 143! Beta#2 8/20: 590! Beta#3 8/22: 1,162! 1st US 9/4: one beautiful little bean with the best sounding HB I've ever heard!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fenugreek and blessed thistle after gallbladder surgery

• leasajleasaj member
    I don't know the answer to this but I have a few questions for you. Did fenugreek work for you? If so, how much did you take? Didn't upset your LOs stomach? Also, when you had surgery how long did you pump/dump for?
  • Did fenugreek work for you? If so, how much did you take?
    Yes. I took 3 capsules twice a day. I started out pumping only 38 mL a day and got up to 300 before I ran out. I was going the next day to get more but had a gallbladder attack so waited.

Didn't upset your LOs stomach?
    Did not upset her tummy or mine.

Also, when you had surgery how long did you pump/dump for?
    24 hrs. Anesthesiologist said I didn't have to at all but I did. Rather be safe than sorry.
    MF (low motility) - Began stims for IVF#1 7/21/12
    ER 8/2/12 - 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature and ICSI'd, 6 fertilized. ET 8/7 - 2 embies. Beta#1 8/17: 143! Beta#2 8/20: 590! Beta#3 8/22: 1,162! 1st US 9/4: one beautiful little bean with the best sounding HB I've ever heard!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • leasajleasaj member
    Thank you!!!
  • I pretty much spent the week after my gallbladder surgery in bed with DD just nursing and snuggling.  I think the constant contact helped a lot rebuilding my supply.  I took More Milk Plus (which has both of those herbs) and I think I started a few days later.

image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"