October 2012 Moms

Oz of bm or formula daily?

Hi ladies !
I'm from the April moms board.

I have been pumping from a week and a half and have a pretty good stock pile going so far but I come here to ask how many oz of breast milk and or formula are your babies eating at 68 months of age. I'm not sure how many oz I should be freezing in each bag?
Thanks in advance!!

Re: Oz of bm or formula daily?

• I EBF and it's gone down quite a bit.

I can't speak to how much he eats when he breast feeds but I've reduced the bottles I send to daycare from 3 with 6 oz to 3 with 5 oz, and he usually doesn't finish all of that (he now has some solids too).

Are you concerned about your supply? I obsessively built up a freezer stash before I returned and now I have SO much and have never had to break into it yet... 

• DS takes 7 oz every 3 to 4 hours!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I started with 4 oz bags when LO was taking between 3 and 4 oz a bottle. Today I freeze 5 oz bags because that's been a full bottle for her for awhile now. That's what works for us.

I have to add an extra pump at night to get enough milk on a good day for the next days bottles. If I end up with not enough fresh to make a full bottle, I save it so I'm ahead the next day and use a frozen bag instead.
  • imagelady dixneuf:
    I EBF and it's gone down quite a bit.I can't speak to how much he eats when he breast feeds but I've reduced the bottles I send to daycare from 3 with 6 oz to 3 with 5 oz, and he usually doesn't finish all of that he now has some solids too. Are you concerned about your supply? I obsessively built up a freezer stash before I returned and now I have SO much and have never had to break into it yet...nbsp;

Thanks everyone!! I knew everyone would differ but I mostly got the answers 2535 oz a day do that's helpful!
    I'm not worried about my supply I want to stock up as much as I can because I want to stop bf and pumping as soon as I can but have enough bm to last long enough after I stop.
    Thanks again!
  • Dd takes 5 oz bottles. 2 if I visit at lunch to nurse, otherwise 3.

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• Roughly 32oz a day.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• imagealexandrea&corey:
    imagelady dixneuf:
    I EBF and it's gone down quite a bit.I can't speak to how much he eats when he breast feeds but I've reduced the bottles I send to daycare from 3 with 6 oz to 3 with 5 oz, and he usually doesn't finish all of that he now has some solids too. Are you concerned about your supply? I obsessively built up a freezer stash before I returned and now I have SO much and have never had to break into it yet...nbsp;
    Thanks everyone!! I knew everyone would differ but I mostly got the answers 2535 oz a day do that's helpful! I'm not worried about my supply I want to stock up as much as I can because I want to stop bf and pumping as soon as I can but have enough bm to last long enough after I stop. Thanks again!

just remember it only lasts about 6 mos in the freezer 

I'd also check with your pedi bc milk changes at different times of the baby's development, what you're making now may not suit a 4 month old. Again, ask the pedi, maybe it's fine.  

• My LO generally eats around 4 oz of breast milk in each bottle feed and an ounce or two mixed in with her cereal depends on how thick we make it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Lo is 7 months and takes 5 to 6 bottles a day, 4oz each.

I freeze in 5oz bags.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"