Breastfeeding
Options

Ameda Purely Yours, anyone use it?

Hi, I'm due next week and my insurance company just sent me the Ameda Purely Yours double breast pump.  I requested the Medela Pump in Style, but they said that my insurance made a change and is now only offering the Ameda.  Anyway, I have always used the Medela with my other 2 pregnancies and was wondering if anyone uses the Ameda and likes it just as well?  The one they sent does not have a travel bag, car adapter, ice pack and the flanges are way to small for my large breasts (lol).  I hope this works!!!

Re: Ameda Purely Yours, anyone use it?

• Options
    CLLDLLCLLDLL member

I love mine.  I have access to a hospital grade Medela at work, and I get just as much milk out with the Ameda.  It just takes a few minutes longer is all.  I also like that you can adjust the speed as well as the suction which you can't do on Medela's.  My only complaint is that the little white valves are kind of delicate and at $7.99 for two it's a little expensive to replace them as often as you need to.  I've heard if you call Ameda and complain they send you some free ones though.

It's a PITA to have to get the accessories, but Ameda does make a car adapter, ice pack with a carrying bag, and a kit with the larger flanges.  My BRU carries them.  I just waited for a buy one get one 50% off sale.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options

I have the Lansinoh which is the same thing and love it.  I bought my own bag for $10 and I don't use ice packs anyway.  I bought my own storage bottles though.

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have mine. Working great after 9 months. Love that its closed system. Seems better and cleaner than medela. I agree with pp about adjustable speed/suction. Nice to have both vs one. 
  • Options
    I had nothing else to compre it to but mine worked great for me and I just retired it after 16 months. No complaints. I only replaced the valves and membranes 2 or 3 times though which isn't as often as is probably recommended. It was easy to use and I had plenty of milk that I pumped with it. Mine came with the two extra size phalanges and the cooler bag with ice paks though. I agree with PP get them on sale at some point down the road. And hey, if insurance is paying for it even better! I didn't have that option when DS was born. :
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagebaby4anne:
    Hi, I'm due next week and my insurance company just sent me the Ameda Purely Yours double breast pump.  I requested the Medela Pump in Style, but they said that my insurance made a change and is now only offering the Ameda.  Anyway, I have always used the Medela with my other 2 pregnancies and was wondering if anyone uses the Ameda and likes it just as well?  The one they sent does not have a travel bag, car adapter, ice pack and the flanges are way to small for my large breasts (lol).  I hope this works!!!

The one I got came with a large carrying bag, small cooler bag with ice packs, two sizes of flanges and 2 sizes of inserts, 3 sets of valves, and I think 6 4oz bottles.  Wonder why there is such a big difference.....

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options
    I used mine for 9 months with DS and am almost in month 5 with it for DD.  I haven't had any issues that couldn't be easily resolved.  I love it as much as you can possibly love a pump.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Love it. Mine was bare bones as well, so I just use a cheap tote bag. I got a car charger and use my own cooler bag. I did buy a set of pump bottles and caps. Also needed larger phalanges.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"