Babies: 3 - 6 Months

What could this be?

I plan on calling the dr tomorrow about this but was wondering if anyone else has dealt with this... LO always rubs his eyes when he's sleepy but seems to rub the left one more. Because of this it gets red and there seems to be 3 or 4 little red bumps around it. I would say its an allergic reaction but its only one eye! Weird
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What could this be?

• Could be baby acne from the constant touching. Or he could just have sensitive skin. Is he rubbing it all the time, or only when he is tired? My LO gets bumps or really red skin whenever she rubs her face. Actually, so do I. We just have really sensitive skin.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • imagerjeller32:
    Could be baby acne from the constant touching. Or he could just have sensitive skin. Is he rubbing it all the time, or only when he is tired? My LO gets bumps or really red skin whenever she rubs her face. Actually, so do I. We just have really sensitive skin.

I was going to say almost the same thing.
    Where around the eye? They could just be irritated or even a sty sp?.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • We put vaseline around DD's eyes to protect them. She rubs her blanket on them for soothing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageminervacullen:
    imagerjeller32:
    Could be baby acne from the constant touching. Or he could just have sensitive skin. Is he rubbing it all the time, or only when he is tired? My LO gets bumps or really red skin whenever she rubs her face. Actually, so do I. We just have really sensitive skin.
    I was going to say almost the same thing. Where around the eye? They could just be irritated or even a sty sp?.

Well they kind of move? There's usually one bump on top of his eyelid and one or two underneath but sometimes they'll be to the left and sometimes to the right. They look like baby acne so when he had it I didn't think anything of it but now that his skin has cleared up I noticed them and his rubbing. It's also a little redder there because he has a "stork bite" on that eye lid so I never really paid attention until recently. I would think if he has sensitive skin his other eye would be broken out too though?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS has this too but it isn't bad enough for me to worry about.  He gets little bumps around his mouth, too, from rubbing his drooly hands there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"