January 2014 Moms

Am I crazy? POAS at 6w4d

To be honest, I've been feeling less pregnant these past few days. The cramping stopped sometime during week four. My boob sensitivity was extra high until a couple of days ago. Now it's kindda mild. I'm even less exhausted at the end of the day! Haven't had any nausea or dizziness. So, my PGAL brain is telling me something must be wrong. My 5w u/s went great and my RE said he didn't need to see me anymore. Said to call him only if there was bleeding or extreme pain (it kindda felt like he broke up with me. I was even a bit sad). My first prenatal app is on June 6 and that just feels so far away!! 

So, I had one last cheap-o test and I went ahead and used it. I just wanted to see if it was as dark as my last one. Thank goodness it was pretty dark! So my mind is a tiny bit more at ease. But it still kills me to have to wait for that second u/s.

Am I the only one who has taken another pregnancy test this far along just to ease their mind? Any of you guys feeling like this? Or am I a paranoid/crazy lady? 

CafeMom Tickers
                                 image image

Re: Am I crazy? POAS at 6w4d

• lilylowlilylow member
    This isn't crazy at all.  If it helped you to worry less then it was well worth it.
  • I am 6w4d also and did the exact same thing (took another test) literally 30 minutes ago.  So I definitely don't think you are crazy. ;) Best wishes to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't poas yet, but I've thought about it so you're not crazy! I'm in the same boat with symptoms. My boobs aren't as sore and I'm not as tired as last week. I haven't had any cramps the last few days. It's making me nervous that either something is wrong or my body is resting up for the big m/s show in the next few weeks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kschrefkschref member
    Totally not crazy at least compared to me, lol. I'm still taking one every day until I get past my loss milestone. It gives me a peace in the morning that lets me get through the day without worrying about it all day long.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • nancyvinancyvi member
    Thanks, ladies! Glad to know I'm not the only one. Though I feel kind of foolish hoping for morning sickness!
    CafeMom Tickers
                                     image image
  • BexGarBexGar member
    Not crazy at all - I was thinking of picking one up when I go grocery shopping tonight! lmao Although I know DH will give me the hairy eyeball! lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bought a 3 pack when I was 6 weeks pregnant.  My DH teased me that he couldn't afford my "habit".  Hee Hee
    *****Can you see me in 3D???????***** image. Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ashdayashday member
    I did the same thing after some crazy cramping around 5 1/2 weeks. It's really hard to keep your mind from wandering, but it was comforting to see the darker line on that test. So no, I don't think you're crazy. : )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's not crazy, but bear in mind if you had a loss, it can take awhile for the HCG levels to drop. So it is possible to still have a positive test but not be having a viable pregnancy. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

With that being said, I had some weird pain last week and they sent me for an ultrasound. I definitely took a test the night before even rationally knowing what I just told you.

• nancyvinancyvi member
    imagesugarland726:

It's not crazy, but bear in mind if you had a loss, it can take awhile for the HCG levels to drop. So it is possible to still have a positive test but not be having a viable pregnancy. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

With that being said, I had some weird pain last week and they sent me for an ultrasound. I definitely took a test the night before even rationally knowing what I just told you.

I figured that too, which is why my mind is only a tiny bit more at ease. It was just the only thing I could do since I have no "real" reason to go to my RE and ask for another ultrasound. I thought if the line was any lighter then that would justify making that call. Guess I'll just have to keep playing the waiting game like everyone else! :)

CafeMom Tickers
                                     image image
  • I felt that way during my first pregnancy. As you get farther along, new things will crop up like, "I haven't felt the baby in awhile".   Pregnancy can be scary sometimes.  No one in IRL talks about it so that's why we have the bump boards.   You are not crazy or paranoid, just a nervous first time mom.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Not crazy at all, I did the same thing a week ago when I started spotting.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimage

• imagenancyvi:

To be honest, I've been feeling less pregnant these past few days. The cramping stopped sometime during week four. My boob sensitivity was extra high until a couple of days ago. Now it's kindda mild. I'm even less exhausted at the end of the day! Haven't had any nausea or dizziness. So, my PGAL brain is telling me something must be wrong. My 5w u/s went great and my RE said he didn't need to see me anymore. Said to call him only if there was bleeding or extreme pain (it kindda felt like he broke up with me. I was even a bit sad). My first prenatal app is on June 6 and that just feels so far away!! 

So, I had one last cheap-o test and I went ahead and used it. I just wanted to see if it was as dark as my last one. Thank goodness it was pretty dark! So my mind is a tiny bit more at ease. But it still kills me to have to wait for that second u/s.

Am I the only one who has taken another pregnancy test this far along just to ease their mind? Any of you guys feeling like this? Or am I a paranoid/crazy lady? 

I could have written this. I am 5 wks and 1 day, and late yesterday and this morning have NO symptoms all of a sudden. Boobs hurt way less, no cramping, no nausea or heart burn, the bloat is gone, not really dizzy or thirsty, nothing at all.  I poas this morning (a digi) and it took a while but pregnant did finally pop up.  I know POAS means nothing, but hearing others have the same thing: a day or two without symptoms - makes me feel better. Dr. appointment Friday :) will have to just wait and see. 

Married since 2008 Me:36 DH: 35 TTC since August 2011. SA - "good" ultrasound - "excellent" Blood work - "good" Diagnosis: unexplained infertility Starting cycle 1 of clomid 3/27
  • Not crazy at all. I'm not noticing very much in the way of symptoms so I went out and bought more tests today! It turned positive almost immediately and I feel much better.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ha! I took one again on last Sunday for the same reason. I also read that symptoms can be the strongest in the 9th week but that some women are lucky enough to not have any. I'm sure it gave you peace of mind tho! So no harm in that... :)  

imageimage
    Mama of boys, Landon (Jan 14) and Harrison (Aug 15).  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's not crazy.  I tested at 3w 4d so my line (on a blue dye test) wasn't even visible.  I tested the next day on FRER and got a light line. 

I tested again about a week later (4w3d) because I wasn't feeling many symptoms.  My line was much darker.  That made me happy :)
    _____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

• imageWinsyWade:
    It's not crazy.  I tested at 3w 4d so my line (on a blue dye test) wasn't even visible.  I tested the next day on FRER and got a light line. 

I tested again about a week later (4w3d) because I wasn't feeling many symptoms.  My line was much darker.  That made me happy :)

My tests at 3w5d and 3w6d were both negative (stark white)! No positive until 4w3d. Baby kept us in suspense! 

Married since 2008 Me:36 DH: 35 TTC since August 2011. SA - "good" ultrasound - "excellent" Blood work - "good" Diagnosis: unexplained infertility Starting cycle 1 of clomid 3/27
  • I have been going crazy about lack of symptoms as well.  I am half way into my 6th week (can't get ticker to work!) and I've hardly had any symptoms except feeling more tired and increase in boob size.  I feel like more should be happening and because its not its worrying me.  I'm not sure if POAS would help... I keep reminding myself the biggest symptom is AF not showing up and usually that happens every 29 days! I think once I have m first prenatal appt. I'll feel better!

BabyFruit Ticker EDD oct 22, 14
  • Lol I just took one this morning. And I'll probably take the rest of them before my 6 June appointment. I'm paranoid!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • I took a test yesterday...
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • imagesugarland726:

It's not crazy, but bear in mind if you had a loss, it can take awhile for the HCG levels to drop. So it is possible to still have a positive test but not be having a viable pregnancy. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

Absolutely this. When I found out that I had a missed miscarriage, my level was still at 99,000. I had positive tests for weeks after.

But I do understand the inclination. It's just for me, it doesn't hold any meaning. So I won't be peeing on any more sticks. I promised myself that today (at 18dpo) would be my last one, and only because if my beta number went down, I wanted to have some sort of warning.

• No, not at all. When I got my BFP on Sunday, I ordered another 25 pack of wondfos. DH thinks I just can't cut the addiction.  But I agree with other posters that even if things are not 100%, it could still show positive, because HcG is in the system. But whatever, POAS, because it is so fun to see positives! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"