1st Trimester

Concerned.......

Hi ladies this is my second pregnancy, but it is very different from my first. I have been experiencing cramping sensations and was told by my OBGYN that it is abnormal. I was wondering if any of you ladies experienced the same thing and if so how did it turn out? I'm kind of concerned. I have an appointment tomorrow. Thank You.

Re: Concerned.......

• This is my second pregnancy as well. With this preg. and the last I had what felt like menstrual cramps every now and then. From what I have been told by my doctor and reading about pregnancy that feeling is normal because your abdominal muscles are stretching as your uterus expands. Now if they are more intense then menstrual cramps I would definitely call the dr. There is never anything wrong with getting anything you are concerned with checked out. GL at your apt tomorrow.
  • I have had an almost perminent pinched crampy feeling.  As long as it isn't really painful, I think it is normal.

13 yr old boy with ASD, ADHD and PICA, 11 yr old boy, 3 yr old Girl, & baby Girl.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you! I spoke to my doctor and she seem concerned by what I described the pain has consistently gotten worse every day the cramps seem to get stronger.
  • I, as well as many ladies here, have been told that some cramping is to be expected. I know I've experienced a good amount of it, especially during weeks 6 and 7. Now it usually happens when I'm really tired, when I cough or sneeze really hard, or after sex. Dehydration can also cause it, as well as contractions later down the road. 

If it gets really bad and you start to bleed, call your doctor. Otherwise, drink a lot of water and rest. I think you're okay. :) 

• Cramping is normal...

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Thank you! I see my doctor tomorrow so hope she calms my nerves! :-) 
  • I was told by my doctor that cramping is totally normal. As long as they are similar to what you had during / before AF, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Mine do get pretty intense / stabbing sometimes, but I was reassured that it was perfectly normal and it will just continue. 

December Siggy Challenge: Love Actually

Married DH: April 21 2012 // Expecting our first: Jan 20 2014
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Ok awesome! My main concern was that my sister had a miscarriage and before she lost her first baby she experienced consent cramping. Thank you all for your great words of advice
  • @AKbadwolf... I've had pinching, stinging sensations that kind of last for hours at a time, too. They seem to be going away as I head into week 5, now I'm getting an occasional mild cramp here and there. 
    image image BabyFruit Ticker First Jelly Bean EDD Jan 26 2014 - 1 day before MY birthday!
  • imageLoreadrio:
    Thank you! I spoke to my doctor and she seem concerned by what I described the pain has consistently gotten worse every day the cramps seem to get stronger.

They shouldn't be getting steadily worse. Fluctuating is normal (mildly painful one day, not painful the next, then back to mildly painful ect.) but what you've described sounds concerning to me. Cramps in general are usually normal as they are a sign that your uterus is stretching out and getting ready for when baby gets bigger (your uterus starts out as the size of a small pear, and by week 10 it is the size of a grapefruit) and with second pregnancies it tends to grow a bit faster because the muscles kind of know what to do. That could be the cause of more pain than you remember last time. I'm glad you've informed your doctor and I think the best thing to do is just to keep him informed and follow and and all instructions he gives you.

Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since 3/12
  • I'm 10 weeks and my OB said its normal she told me its when the muscles and ligaments that support your uterus are being pulled and stretched in all directions during my pregnancy, and that it can cause occasional cramping. The pain might be mild or sharp. It might be particularly noticeable when you make a quick move, get up out of a chair, cough, or sneeze. This is nothing to worry about. Some women get cramps when they exercise and put additional stress on muscle and ligaments that are already strained. Hope it helps  good luck.

• imageMissRdotS:
    I was told by my doctor that cramping is totally normal. As long as they are similar to what you had during / before AF, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Mine do get pretty intense / stabbing sometimes, but I was reassured that it was perfectly normal and it will just continue. 

This. This is my second pregnancy and I have had cramping in both. The doctor said it is just caused by everything moving around and your uterus becoming accustomed to the baby. Worry should only be if they are constant, severe or accompanied by bleeding.

Hope all goes well for you and good luck!

• DCriderDCrider member
    This is my third pregnancy, (2nd was MC), and my doc essentially told me to ignore the cramps unless they were very painful or accompanied by spotting or bleeding. They are totally normal like others said and just your body prepping for baby. Things are going to have to do a lot of growing in the coming weeks and months.
    <3 DCRider
    Baby girl due 1/22/14!

• Mine were pretty intense weeks 5-7 but doctor assured me all was fine as long as there was no bleeding. Two u/s and about 5 weeks later they are gone and baby is healthy :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"