Attachment Parenting
Options

Talk to me about gauze wraps (PIP)

Ever used one? Have any pros/cons to share?

I recently got 5 1/2 yards of 100% cotton gauze fabric to use as a DIY wrap. The length is great, and I love how light and breathable it is, esp. compared to the Moby. However, I'm wondering if it's maybe too thin? I have to adjust the fabric over my shoulders a bit, and tie it pretty tight (which I think is normal), so it's not crazy comfortable, but it works fine. My concern is mainly for LO's comfort. Can a too-thin wrap hurt him? He's used to being worn in the Moby, and doesn't really fuss when he's in the gauze wrap, but he's also really laid back and isn't one to fuss much anyway. Also, his little fat rolls on his legs have crease marks from the fabric when I take him out. I'm just a newb and don't know what's normal and ok vs. what's not  Tongue Tied

Right now I'm using the full width of the fabric folded over on itself (like a Moby) for extra support. You can see my fingers through a single layer here:  

WDYT? Too thin or ok?  

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Talk to me about gauze wraps (PIP)

• Options
    I has the sadz.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageRunaway22:
    I has the sadz.

I can't help you, but I've been stalking this post because I was going to pick up some gauze to use for a wrap!

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejerseygirl81:

imageRunaway22:
    I has the sadz.

I can't help you, but I've been stalking this post because I was going to pick up some gauze to use for a wrap!

LOL  Yes

The wrap seems to be working the way I described using it, it just digs into my shoulders a tad bit if I don't adjust the fabric well. I'd suggest getting something that you can see light through, but isn't quite as transparent. GL :)

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"