Working Moms

Open Letter Wednesday

What's on your mind ladies? Thoughts, confessions, thanks?
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Open Letter Wednesday

• (I already wrote about this on Parenting yesterday, but I feel sufficiently frustrated to discuss it twice.)

Dear People at Grocery Store Self-Checkout Lanes,

If you have an entire cart full of groceries, if you are buying a few weeks' worth of produce, or if you have a pile of coupons to use, you are not a candidate for the self-checkout lanes.  These lanes are meant to be a quick convenient place to check out, not a place to leisurely type in dozens of codes while chatting on your cell phone.  Also, if you are going to require a great deal of assistance to complete this procedure, then go to the full service lanes where there is (shock!) someone there to assist you in checking out.

Sincerely, 

The Frustrated Mom with One Item at the Self-Checkout Lane

• Dear DS2,

Why didn't you tell me you don't want to be swaddled anymore?? oh wait...I guess that's what you were trying to tell me the last few nights when you were up three or four times a night escaping it. Glad you were only up once last night and unswaddled the whole time. Mommy needed that sleep! Can't believe you're four months old already!

Love, mama

Dear Weekend,

Hurry up! Looking forward to spending you with all my boys!!

Much thanks, me

Dear Diet,

You suck. Why can't I be one of those moms who loses a ton of weight while breastfeeding and not have to worry about what I eat??? And you better not affect my supply either!!!

Signed, fatty

• Loading the player...
  • LoCarbLoCarb member

Dear DC-

You are wonderful!  The multiple communication of emails, twitter and FB feeds keeping parents fully aware of the safety precautions and updates before, during and after yesterday's storm solidifies why I chose to enroll my kids with your center. Thanks for rocking and making me feel comfortable!

-Forever a parent attendee(or until DD2 goes to elementary)

Dear Handyman,

The updates you are making to the house look fabulous. Thanks for doing a great job. It feels good to have positive changes in life and sometimes that's as simple as painting a door.

-client

Dear LoCarb - stop binging

Dear body - perform a miracle and lose a noticeable 10 lbs by Saturday.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Dear BumpMobile,

please stop logging me out each time I leave the site so I can actually participate. There have been so many posts I didn't respond to just because I didn't feel like logging back in.

Love, lazy in NJ

Dear Foster and Adoptive Services Recruiter,

Please call me so we can get this very long show on the road. I am excited to start the process of becoming a foster parent and don't want to wait!

Love, Have extra love and looking for someone to give it to.

Dear new medication,

I love that you make me not eat but I don't love that you make me so tired and out of it. Please end this "introductory side effect period" very soon, except the never hungry part, that can stay, so I don't have to find a new med.

Thanks, enjoying not being depressed but want to be awake for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dear MIL,

Just beacuse LO cries does not mean she is hungry.  So please stop asking me to bring more milk.  Babies fuss and cry for many other reasons.

- concerned mother

Dear DD,

I hope you were just as excited as I was shopping for summer clothes for you last night.  And let's try and not make this thumb sucking a habit. :)

xoxo-mama

• LoCarbLoCarb member

Dear Daphne-please get better and let me feed you medicine. I'm very sad and think you may be dying; evident by the lethargy, loss of appetite and dehydration. I wish the vet knew what was wrong and we can treat you accordingly. You are a big part of our family. Don't leave us.

Love Mommy

• Dear Mom,

Please stop being jealous and making passive agressive comments about our relationship with my inlaws. I would think you would be thankful we have a healthy relationship, but I guess that is asking to much of your maturity level. I will not justify how we choose to spend our time and I refuse to feel guilty.

Love,

Your daughter who loves you, but can see through your BS

Dear New Position,

Please be all that I hope you to be. I am so anxious to learn something new and I am excited to join a new team.

Your soon to be employee

Dear current coworkers,

Please stop saying that the new position was created for me, since I am our boss's favorite. It was posted in the career portal and everyone had an equal oppurtunity to apply. I rocked that interview and I deserve this promotion.

Signed,

I know you are talking about me

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Netty_3Netty_3 member

Dear Muffin Top,

Consider this your eviction notice, you have overstayed your welcome, please go away so that I can fit in my shorts for our vacation in 3 weeks! I would love to just go shopping for tops and sandals.

Body landlord

Dear Grant people,

Please give me this grant today!  I really need it to get our infrastructure headed in the 21st century!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • My dearest Lillian,

I am sorry this molar and 2 other teeth are bothering you, causing you to get up several hours earlier than normal. If you would take your advil without me having to hide it in yogurt I promise you will feel better!

Love,

Tired mama

Dear sickness,

Why do you continue to haunt me? Can I get a break? Coughing and no voice again. It's like summer here and I should not be continuing with the sicknesses!!

Sincerely asking you to get the he11 out of my system

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Dear Coaches,

Enough of the drama about the team changes already.  Stop emailing potential recruits and then getting worked up that you have too many kids; stop emailing me about my son trying out for your teams; stop trying to tell everyone how fabulous you are as a coach.  We have seen all of you in action and have already made up our minds.  Now grow up, act like adults, and set a good example for these kids. 

Thanks,

Fed up soccer mom

• Dear people who own the house we are trying to buy,

You didn't disclose the problems with the pool or any of the things you have fixed in the last year (and yeah, we are not idiots, you fixed the cosmetic items, not the real problems).  I know we have had two extensions on the option period, but your realtor didn't get us the documentation you gave him.  We have had four inspections (and nope, not a one of them was free for us).  There are issues you will have to resolve - but we WANT TO BUY your house.  Saw that you took it off the market yesterday - not as a pending sale, but as not for sale.  I have NO IDEA what to think of that.  Please let it mean that you plan to fix the pool, foundation and tile as concessions and you are just done with trying to sell it.  Please let it mean you are in this contract and we will get this house, after you fix the issues you bloody knew about and tried to cover up.

Thanks,

The person who is obsessed with having three doors between me, the kids, the dog and DH when I need to work - that office off the master is amazing.

• Dear Rude People Who Are Politicizing the Tornado/Making Light of What Happened In Oklahoma--

Have some compassion. Reach down in your cold, black heart and  find a little bit of empathy for what we're going through here. This isn't about our congressmen and their views/votes, it's not about how redneck we are, and it's not about "Why do you live there if it's just going to get wiped off the map". It's about 24 families, who will never see their loved one again. It's about the children huddled in schools. It's also about how we come together in time of need. My hubby and 2 year old, and I survived Sunday's tornado in a walk-in freezer. How would you like to be in that situation with your child? Have a heart, we've been through enough.

--A Fed Up Oklahoma Girl

Dear DH--

Our 5th anniversary is Friday! Can you believe it? Now, let's find a babysitter and go out on the town! Someplace where my capris and t-shirt wardrobe can be traded for that red dress you like me to wear. 

--Your Wife Who Wants a Little Romance and Celebration in Her Weekend 

• litzo27litzo27 member

Dear DS1 ~~

I love you, you are so funny and sweet and a joy to have around. Except when you whine. Let's try to keep the whining to like 10 minutes a day. I don't think that's unreasonable. 

Dear DS2 ~~

Wow you have been sleeping a lot lately. I LOVE not getting up at night but I miss playing with you in the morning before I leave. I know it's totally too much to ask but can we set 7am as a happy wake-up time? By that time I'm done with working out and ready to nurse/play for a bit. 

Dear DH ~~

I know your project is crazy busy. But the lawn had to be mowed a month ago (and I can' ride the stupid tractor). Please, let's pay someone if you don't have time to do it. And I love you!

Dear Nanny ~~

We are going to miss you so so so much. I know he'll love daycare but we'll miss you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLoCarb:

Dear Daphne-please get better and let me feed you medicine. I'm very sad and think you may be dying; evident by the lethargy, loss of appetite and dehydration. I wish the vet knew what was wrong and we can treat you accordingly. You are a big part of our family. Don't leave us.

Love Mommy

So sorry to hear about your dog. My parents put down our family dog last Friday and I cried for several days every time I thought about her. Hoping she takes the medicine gets better very soon!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Dear Mom and Dad,

I know you are enjoying having all of your kids out of the house but blowing off my kid does not leave me very happy. Just tell me you are busy instead of making plans to cancel them. Luckily DH's parents enjoy being grandparents as much as being a couple.  

Frustrated daughter

Dear Medical bills,

I'm not sure why there is a 9 week delay on your presence. I plan on taking at least 9 weeks to pay them. Tit for tat right?

Conscious of time requirements but don't care

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagekikimo327:
    Dear Student,You have been a pain in my side since the semester began in January. nbsp;It's obvious that you don't have any respect for me because you don't even know my name you address me as teacher in person and in emails. nbsp;I get that you want to see your final exam and your paper BUT I'm off contract. nbsp;I will be available to you when I start getting paid again on August 15. nbsp;Have a good summer.

It sounds like it's just part of the problem, but calling you teacher may not be disrespect. In some cultures, the title "teacher" is a sign of respect. I had a Hispanic student who I thought didn't know my name three months in, until I learned it was part of what he had been taught in Mexico to show respect for his teachers.

Demanding to see graded papers early is another issue of course.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LoCarbLoCarb member
    imageSPIJaimie:
    imageLoCarb:

Love Mommy

So sorry to hear about your dog. My parents put down our family dog last Friday and I cried for several days every time I thought about her. Hoping she takes the medicine gets better very soon!

thank you. She spent the day at the vet on an IV. The vet suggested to euthanize. I took her home for one last night with me.im an emotional mess. 

• imageLoCarb:
    imageSPIJaimie:
    imageLoCarb:

Love Mommy

thank you. She spent the day at the vet on an IV. The vet suggested to euthanize. I took her home for one last night with me.im an emotional mess. 

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear this. :[
  • Dear self,

Please do well on your interview tomorrow!  You really need a job in the new town!

Dear potential employer,

Please hire me! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"