Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Clothes for Big Babies

DS is 6 months old and 98 percentile for height and weight. He is in 12 month clothes and will probably be in 18 month by the end of summer. I typically dress him in a onesie with shorts or pants but in the 12 and 18 month range I'm seeing few onesies and mostly pants and shirts.

Anyone know where I can get onesies? I feel like if I dress him in pants and a shirt, the shirt will ride up all the time. I browsed amazon during my lunch break and they were all onesies with rock bands or mustaches on them.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Clothes for Big Babies

• Carters has onesies in bigger sizes.

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

• Our DS is in the 98th % as well. He is outgrowing his 12 month clothes right now, and we have 18 month size on standby.

We're dressing him in Carters rompers, which have a little more coverage than onesies. We bought ours at Sam's Club, but I've seen them (and other brands) in on carters.com, Kohl's, Walmart, Buy Buy Baby, Babies R Us, and Target.

I'm not a fan of shirts that ride up either.

photo 9acca2d2-3800-4433-bb71-c445948b76cf_zpsd9667865.jpg

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • I have some rompers from Carters and some of them fit well and others, he is bursting out the seams in the same size. Do you have that issue too?

I have a few onesies from Carters but didn't find many when I went last. Everything seemed to just stop at 9 months. I see much more on the website so I'll buy online.
  • Kohls has lots of onesies (Carter's and Jumping Bean brand) up to 24mo.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • imagernbeth477:
    Carters has onesies in bigger sizes.

I bought 3-6 month onesies and DS still fits into them (he's 7.5 months and he's usually a little above the 50th percentile). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got some packs of white undershirt type onesies from Carter's. I think they stop at 24 month as well. I like them to go under regular shirts.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Im not a huge fan of BRU because they are more expensive for Carter's items, but they had some of the larger size onesies (18 month) on the clearance rack recently. I think it was from the monkey collection they had a while back.

D is also 6 months. 20lbs 26inches so he is wearing a lot of 12 month items right now.  I was worried the shirts and pant combos would be annoying but the shirts we got at Carters are long enough that his belly doesn't hang out.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My son is huge for his age and is already in 12 months, quickly on his way to 18months very soon. We have several of the Carter's rompers and they seem to be working well so far. We also have Carters and Jumping Beans onesies that fit him pretty good.

Gerber also makes onesies up to 24 months, right now the 18 month ones fit him just right. They are a good deal at our Buy Buy Baby- a package of 3 for $10.

• Thanks ladies! I'm starting to think I need to buy online. I've been to all these places except BRU and pickings were SLIM!
  • DD is 22 lbs and 7 months right now! not to mention, she is ridiculously tall lol. definitely go to carters, they have lots of onesies in bigger sizes. that's all DD can really wear. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • DS is 23 pounds and 28 inches.  He is in 18 month shorts and jammies.  I put him in a lot of the Carter's onesie shorts.  They snap at the crotch but they have little legs so they look like shorts.  I get a lot of his onesies at Old Navy. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hahaha, totally off topic, but am I the only one who hates oneies? Anyways, as PP have said Carter's and Old Navy seem to have a large selection of oneies.
  • abbp23abbp23 member
    W just turned 6 months and we are the exact same way, 97th percentile. I have found most of his 18 month onesies at either Oldnavy.com or Carters.com and a few at the Kohls store. The gerber stuff goes up to a larger size but in our experience the actual onesie seems smaller. Like the 18 month is smaller than our carters and old navy 12 month clothes. 
    Missed M/C 11/11/11
    BFP: 3/15/12 EDD: 11/25/12 DOB: 11/12/12
  • DS2 is in 12-18 month clothes as well and we do have some t-shirts for him. They do ride up when we pick him up, but any kids shirt will ride up when you go and pick them up. Sometimes we just let DS2 go around the house in a diaper and a t-shirt and he's perfectly fine!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imageskate88:
    hahaha, totally off topic, but am I the only one who hates oneies? Anyways, as PP have said Carter's and Old Navy seem to have a large selection of oneies.

nope! i was thinking this as i read the post. i only use them for sleep now that its warm.

my lil guy wears 18 mon shorts and 18 or 24 month tops. also 24 month rompers. i have found some bigger onsies at target. and my mil bought him some 24 month onsies, and she usually shops at kohl's. try there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"