April 2013 Moms

Poll: How does LO feel about bathtime?

Mobile: Poll: How does LO feel about bathtime?

Tell me about your bathtime experiences.  Bonus points for appropriate photos.

Cecily HATED her first bath at home, but now I think she loves them!   We took this hilarious photo during her first bath.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016

Re: Poll: How does LO feel about bathtime?

• KrisM86KrisM86 member
    I don't have pictures handy, but so far DS seems to enjoy his baths. He gets very calm and alert. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loves it
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • She loves it so far. We only bathe the two kids together because its easier and she just loves watching her brother. Whatever makes it easy!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• He loves it! Just the sound of the running bath water calms him down. He sleeps much better now that he has a nighttime bath.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Zara loves her baths. I give her one at bedtime everyday - part of our routine.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• How often would you say you ladies bath your LO? Right now I'm doing every other day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This picture (which probably won't work because I suck at uploading pictures) basically expresses DS's whole attitude towards baths:

He's all like... WTF? He always looks like this in the bath, but he never cries, so that's good! 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Pure and utter hatred. At least they tire her out from the crying so she sleeps like a rock after.

Because of the scream fest, bathe only every 3 days.
  • elbouelbou member

imageAshleyGrabowski:
    How often would you say you ladies bath your LO? Right now I'm doing every other day.

I bathe him approximately twice per week, but it varies. With my older 2, I used to bathe them about once per week when they were little.

These days, I try to make sure everyone is clean for church on Sunday mornings, and as needed during the rest of the week. Now that the weather is warming up and they are playing outside more, baths will happen more often again.

OP: DS loves his baths! It's so different from my girls who screamed so much that I was in tears by the end of their baths during the first few months, lol.

• imageAshleyGrabowski:
    How often would you say you ladies bath your LO? Right now I'm doing every other day.

Same as you!

• DS loves bath time so long as he's submerged up to his neck.  If he's not covered with water he gets fussy!  I bathe him once or twice a week, our pedi doesn't recommend bathing more often.
  • My LO LOVES his baths. He can be fussy right before bath time but as soon as he is in his bath he calms down. I usually bath him every other day to every three days but then again I live Oklahoma where it has been warmer recently.
  • LO screams if we give her a bath in the small tub but doesn't mind too much if its a sponge bath. So it sponge baths twice a week.
  • DD cried during her first bath, but after that doesn't seem to mind them though. She HATES being cold after though, so I try to heat up the bathroom as much as possible beforehand, which helps. I bathe her 1-2 times per week right now.
  • Matthew LOVES baths.  he gets calm just hearing the water.  he's had about 8 baths and has peed every.single.time.  Right at the end, and his arc aims right out of his little tub...it's perfect
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• JNB0416JNB0416 member
    imagepinottoparenthood:

This picture (which probably won't work because I suck at uploading pictures) basically expresses DS's whole attitude towards baths:

He's all like... WTF? He always looks like this in the bath, but he never cries, so that's good! 

This is how my DD feels about the bath also!  Just gives this blank WTF look the.entire.time.  We generally bathe her every other day as her hair starts to get matted down and I imagine she has some spit up stuck under her neck as she's somewhat of a never ending fountain these days.  And when we bathed yesterday, I was lucky enough to join the club of parents whose LO has pooped in the tub.  Wet, yellow seedy poops in the tub are a less than ideal experience.  Needless to say, the towel she was sitting on definitely got tossed.

• SRK128SRK128 member
    Jonah loves his baths!
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • Like I have thrown him into a lake to drown and abandoned him.

This is why we do bathtime together now so I can hold him close. He is actually starting to like it. I do motorboat with his legs and splash them around he smiles. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

He loves his bath, but throws the biggest fits when I have to take him out! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• JSS1002JSS1002 member

HATED sponge baths and sink baths, but now that we have a baby bathtub with an infant sling, he LOVES It -- he cries when I get him out, that's it!

I have an awesome pic but it is 100% nekid and I'm not comfortable posting on the internet.  Trust me - it is hilarious.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

You wouldn't know it from this picture, but she HATES bath time. By some miracle, I managed to snap this in the 5 seconds of that bath where she wasn't screaming lol... Because this is such an ordeal, she gets a once a week bath, and just gets sponge baths on other days.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I feel like a slacker, but I haven't given him one yet...

What happens around here is as follows: Parent 1 holds or otherwise entertains baby while Parent 2 showers. Then Parent 1 hands baby to Parent 2 and joins in shower. Parent 2 holds baby while Parent 1 washes his back and legs. Parent 1 rinses baby, replaces shower head and then takes custody of baby. Parent 2 washes baby's front, arms and hair. Then, Parent 2 rinses baby. We take a few minutes to enjoy our family together time, usually making faces at baby and just generally splashing around. Then, Parent 2 gets out of shower, and wraps in towel. Parent 1 hands baby to Parent 2 who dries and dresses him while Parent 1 finishes their shower. (wow, I got my ones and twos mixed up while writing that, but you get the idea)

Baby seems to enjoy it but since we are all three naked and wet during the process, there are no photos. I do think he will like the bath because he seems to enjoy his showers quite a bit. He doesn't mind the spray but sometimes makes a funny face if water bounces off someone onto his face. I'll probably start giving him a bath once hubby goes back to work.

• MN_JenMN_Jen member
    John is NOT a fan of the bath...he doesn't scream, but gets the biggest frown on his cute little face. But he is all smiles when we wrap him up in his towel!

• imageAliSarah:
    I feel like a slacker, but I haven't given him one yet... What happens around here is as follows: Parent 1 holds or otherwise entertains baby while Parent 2 showers. Then Parent 1 hands baby to Parent 2 and joins in shower. Parent 2 holds baby while Parent 1 washes his back and legs. Parent 1 rinses baby, replaces shower head and then takes custody of baby. Parent 2 washes baby's front, arms and hair. Then, Parent 2 rinses baby. We take a few minutes to enjoy our family together time, usually making faces at baby and just generally splashing around. Then, Parent 2 gets out of shower, and wraps in towel. Parent 1 hands baby to Parent 2 who dries and dresses him while Parent 1 finishes their shower. wow, I got my ones and twos mixed up while writing that, but you get the idea Baby seems to enjoy it but since we are all three naked and wet during the process, there are no photos. I do think he will like the bath because he seems to enjoy his showers quite a bit. He doesn't mind the spray but sometimes makes a funny face if water bounces off someone onto his face. I'll probably start giving him a bath once hubby goes back to work.

DH and I used to do this with DD. It was wonderful. Now DD.is 5 and threw a fit when we tried to get in the shower with the baby and not her, but she's too old to get in with DH now... I'm sad about it :

I bathe DS every other day usually. He loves tubby time! I'm on mobile so I can't post a picture :
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

• absolutely hates it, her brother was the same way.  At about one year he started enjoying them, I'm going to do the same thing with LO as I did with DS and stick with sponge baths for as long as possible.  Easier on all of us.
  • We usually shower with LO every day and he seems to enjoy it. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"