April 2013 Moms

Bedtime

Hello MOTN bumpers

Wonder what everyone thinks about bedtime. We currently start our routine around 930 so LO is in bed and asleep by 11. She then let's us go till 230 or 3.

However, I'm wondering If we need to get her in bed sooner even though she always wants to eat around 10?

I read a lot of people starting around 7 and wonder if we are doing harm by putting her down timed around US getting the longest stretch of sleep.

Re: Bedtime

• My LO typically goes down at 10 or 1030. She also typically wakes up within the first hour and then goes back down for a longer stretch after some coaxing.

Personally my thought is; unless she will give you more than 5 or 6 hours then it doesn't make a difference... But that's just my philosophy. I'm dying to get my LO on a schedule with and earlier bed time as longer stretches but she is just not ready yet.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• I don't think you're doing any harm as long as you are not keeping LO up while they are clearly tired.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't worry much about setting an earlier bedtime just yet. I would just follow LO'a cues and what works best for you guys.

When DD was a newborn, we usually put her down around 10pm to 11pm. Eventually, around 4 months, she started acting overly tired around 9pm. So we moved bedtime up. Now, at 2 years old, her bedtime is 7:30pm. I wouldn't be to worried about creating a night owl just yet:]
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:
    I don't think you're doing any harm as long as you are not keeping LO up while they are clearly tired.

She usually naps from 730ish to 9ish and wakes up to eat so we aren't keeping her up per say. after that we do our bedtime routine.

• nessahmnessahm member
    A 10 to 11 pm bedtime is normal right now. The older they get, the earlier they'll go to sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Is your LO taking a nap around 7:30 or 8:00? If so you could try one night making this a bed time, just to see what happens. That is how we first tried it. Instead of putting dd down for an evening nap I just did our bed time routine at 7:30 and she woke up around 1 and then again at 4. After that the 1:00 time kept lengthening until o
    She was Just waking up at 4:00 to eat. We are doing the same this timw around with DS.

You should definitely do what works for you, and a later bed time now is totally normal, but if you want ro try it, it might be worhr a try, and if it doesn't work you are just out one night of sleep ajd can go back to your old routine.
  • We start around 8, however he doesn't usually go down until about 9:30. We go for a walk around 7 and he goes in and out during that. Come home, change him, feed him, and soon he falls asleep. Sometimes it's earlier, sometimes it's later.. I wouldn't really consider it a schedule yet, but we're trying!
    CafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We go for a stroller walk after dinner weather allowing. LO gets a bath starting between 7:30 to 8. After that he gets into pjs and his halo swaddle. He eats, rocks, and goes to bed. He falls asleep by 9:30 at the latest and has been sleeping 6 or 7 hours most nights before waking to eat again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNicoleSB80:
    imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:
    I don't think you're doing any harm as long as you are not keeping LO up while they are clearly tired.

She usually naps from 730ish to 9ish and wakes up to eat so we aren't keeping her up per say. after that we do our bedtime routine.

This is our routine too. Nap from 810pm in the bouncer or swing, then I wake her if she doesn't on her own, put on pjs, change diaper, feed a bottle, then burp, swaddle and rock back to sleep and put her in the pnp to sleep at night. It's almost a dream feed, I don't really interact with her and she's usually deep asleep by 10:45. i can then pump and go to bed right after. She then sleeps til about 3:30 for a quick feeding, then back to sleep until about 6:30. I prefer this routine right now as it means I'm only waking up 1 time per night. She goes back to sleep after that 6:30am feed but I stay up to get dd1 ready for the day. I catch up on some more sleep during one of her other naps during the day.

I think dd1 was around 4 or 5 months when we were able to move her real bedtime up to 7 or 8pm, and she would sttn until 6 or 7 am.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SRK128SRK128 member
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"