2nd Trimester
Options

fundal height

Have any of you tried to measure yourself?  My doc has not done this yet so am curious as to whether I am on track. I have my a/s in 2 weeks so will ask about it then, but in the meantime does anyone have a trick to locating the top of your uterus?
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
image image image. image

Re: fundal height

• Options
    I lotion up my belly and slide my fingers from my lower pelvis towards my belly button until I can feel my uterus stop.  It works best if you lay down on your back.
  • Options

I poke up the midline with two fingers til I hit the drop off. (while on my back)

Mine is at the bottom of my belly button. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    image3Dewdrops:

I poke up the midline with two fingers til I hit the drop off. (while on my back)

Mine is at the bottom of my belly button. 

this

God gave me a double portion for my inheritance with my little Mighty men :) 9/19/10 Baby A born at 1:47 am 6lbs 14oz, 20.5inches long. Baby B born at 3:20 am 6lbs 6oz, 19.5inches long. My double blessing!:)
  • Options

They measured at my last appointment but I don't know what the measurement was.

I haven't checked myself. 

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mine has measured how far above my belly button the fundus (top of the uterus) is, but she hasn't actually measured with a tape.  I can tell where the top is by feeling (poking) along and noticing a drop off.  I can feel it best when standing (it's about 2 cm above belly button, at 22 wks... if i'm doing it right).
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options
    image3Dewdrops:

Same here. 

Just to add, I never had success doing it while standing, laying on my side, etc. Back is best for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Options
    I seem to have a lot of trouble measuring anything on myself...but i'm a bit overweight to begin with, so maybe it's easier for thinner girls to feel.  To me it all feels the same aside from the pubic bone itself.  I don't feel any drop off, it's all semi-hard.  Maybe it's best to have a doctor show you so you know exactly what you're feeling...i'll probably ask mine at my next appt in 3 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"