February 2013 Moms

Paranoid

I've recently become paranoid about being home alone with DS. Like, I'm afraid someone's going to harm us or try to break into the house or something. It's really weird because I was never like this before. I kinda loved being home alone. I'm not liking this feeling, like something bad is going to happen.

What's wrong with me?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Our Sweet Boy "LJ"

Re: Paranoid

• Nothing. I was convinced the other night someone was going to break in for some reason. The next morning I found that DH left his keys in the door all night!!! Didn't make me feel better!
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • I have always been terrified of this. Even as a little kid I remember being so scared of robbers and fires. If you let those thoughts consume you though, you will go absolutely crazy. But I do sleep with a knife in my nightstand lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Nothing is wrong, you just had a baby is all!  :)  My DH started working nights again and by the end of the night all the lights in the house are left on!  I'm so glad we have a big dog with a big dog bark too. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Nothing. I also got super super paranoid about this kind of thing once I had kids, particularly home invasion scenarios.  I seriously have a whole plan on how DH and I will handle this.  DH thinks I'm nuts.  I'm just like "whatever.  your a$$ better get DS1 and be climbing out his bedroom window when the time comes!"  

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• I think the paranoia comes with the territory. I suddenly worry and care about all kinds of potential dangers that I couldn't have cared less about pre-baby. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well this makes me feel better. I was getting a little worried that I had PPA or something. I talked to my sister and she said "that's what happens when you have a kid". I asked her when it ends and she said "you know how mom randomly calls and asks how your doing? It NEVER ends!". Great.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"