Working Moms

Re: Moms that office from home

Seems like there might be quite a few moms that are working from home. Can anyone shed some light on some ideas for working from home? I'm goign to be moving to a very rural area on a ranch and am looking for some help getting into a work from home position possibly. I have a M.S. in Economics. Help please!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Re: Moms that office from home

• cfitz16cfitz16 member
    I work for an insurance company. I unofficially work from home once a week. Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kmplskmpls member
    Insurance
  • Loading the player...
  • I have always worked remotely some of the time and eventually ended up working from home full time after they closed my office locally.  I would prefer to go in two days a week as it is very isolating.

I know many financial services firms are open to WFH, but typically do require that you start in an office.  If you can land a job locally before the move, perhaps you can onboard with the understanding you will work remotely after the move.

Consulting is also another viable option.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jmdahnjmdahn member
    Health Insurance.  Most of the big 3 have WAH options and positions to fit all degree types.
  • I work in HR for a large company.  

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • My DH is part time WFH. He's a freelance writer. He works another part time job outside of the home in the evenings though.

I occasionally work from home. My office is very flexible. I'm in finance.
  • I mainly work from home, when I'm not traveling.  I transitioned to this setup after being with my company for four years.  My husband had to relocate for a promotion, and it took me too far out of the way to work in my company's main office.  I came to them with a work from home / work from satellite office plan and they agreed.  I've been doing this for a few years, and I slowly transitioned from 1-2 days a week a home to a full work from home setup.  I travel 2-3 times a month.
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Would anyone mind sharing their employers names so I can have a place to possibly start? The big three health insurance companies? BCBS is really the only one i'm familiar with that is outside of South Dakota. Also - HR from home? can you tell me a little more about that? Thank you for all the wonderful information ladies, its so hard tranisition to something new...
  • Online teaching?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"