Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Sunscreen for my face

I have a good sunscreen for LO, but my face is sensitive. I'm a bit paranoid about the one I use, because it rubs all over DS's head and face. He's always kissing me, snuggling, etc and he smells like my sunscreen by the end of the day. Do you have a recommendation for a good baby friendly one for my face that won't make me break out? TIA
Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries

Re: Sunscreen for my face

• I use an oil free moisturizer with sunscreen in it. It's nutrogena oil free moisturizer with spf 30 in it. You should always be using a moisturizer with sunscreen in it. You put it on right after you wash and tone. I have pale skin and I never burn with it on.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I put babyganics scent/dye free on my LO.  why do you put the same thing as you give your LO on yourself?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • image2013mommy:

imagelaurenhankey:
    I put babyganics scent/dye free on my LO.  why do you put the same thing as you give your LO on yourself?

This was my thought. We have Badger brand for DS and I plan to use it on myself as well!  

The problem with this is for people with sensitive skin on their face or is prone to breakouts. The stuff you use on your baby is a sun block. Which means it sits on top of the skin clogging your pores, which will make you break out. It's fine for your body, but your face needs a moisturizer with SPF everyday anyways. Period. You don't even know how much a lecture I got from my derm and in beauty school for not using a moisturizer with spf.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    image2013mommy:

imagelaurenhankey:
    I put babyganics scent/dye free on my LO.  why do you put the same thing as you give your LO on yourself?

This was my thought. We have Badger brand for DS and I plan to use it on myself as well!  

The problem with this is for people with sensitive skin on their face or is prone to breakouts. The stuff you use on your baby is a sun block. Which means it sits on top of the skin clogging your pores, which will make you break out. It's fine for your body, but your face needs a moisturizer with SPF everyday anyways. Period. You don't even know how much a lecture I got from my derm and in beauty school for not using a moisturizer with spf.

Exactly. Sunblocks make me break out. I use what I use on baby for my arms and hands which come in contact with him, but still searching for one for my face. Thank you though :)

Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

• imageNana_Osaki06:
    I use an oil free moisturizer with sunscreen in it. It's nutrogena oil free moisturizer with spf 30 in it. You should always be using a moisturizer with sunscreen in it. You put it on right after you wash and tone. I have pale skin and I never burn with it on.

Thank you for the suggestion. I do use a moisturizer with sunscreen, but I wasn't sure it was cutting it. 

• imagetortuga47:

imageNana_Osaki06:
    I use an oil free moisturizer with sunscreen in it. It's nutrogena oil free moisturizer with spf 30 in it. You should always be using a moisturizer with sunscreen in it. You put it on right after you wash and tone. I have pale skin and I never burn with it on.

Thank you for the suggestion. I do use a moisturizer with sunscreen, but I wasn't sure it was cutting it. 

I'm paler than pale and burn in like 15 minutes. I apply this twice daily and if I have extended exposure I'll reapply half way through the day. I got the spf 30 or 35 one. You don't need anything higher than that though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"