June 2013 Moms

Restless Legs and no sleep :/

For the past few nights I've gotten terrible sleep (ya ya ya I know..get used to it). I'll be dozing off and the all of a sudden ZING! my legs feel like they could run a marathon and I can't lay still. 

Does this happened to anyone else? Any remedies??

Re: Restless Legs and no sleep :/

• dmlk413dmlk413 member
    I have terrible restless legs at night. I do a lot of stretching before bed and that helps.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I have horrible restless legs during pregnancy. Mine don't just happen at night either, though that's when they're the worst. I haven't slept hardly at all in months! My doctor told me to take magnesium sulfate supplements, which I have been doing since Friday but haven't really noticed much change. The only other thing that sometimes helps is to take a hot shower or bath and then go right to bed. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have horrible restless leg syndrome! Oh my gosh! I take unisom but that doesn't even help sometimes. Sheesh! I have no advice. Sorry you're going through this!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh restless leg syndrome is the worst!! The only thing that helps me is stretching, taking a hot, hot shower and then going straight to sleep. I basically have to be almost asleep by the time I get to bed, otherwise I lay awake wiggling...
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • jefkjefk member
    I find that having DH rub my legs before bed helps ;)  But really, I woke up at least 4 times last night with my legs cramping up.  I'm hoping this goes away once the baby comes out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"