February 2012 Moms

Update: The results are in...

It's positive. I'm kind of in shock right now, I knew it was a possibility but I didn't think I would actually have it. I have the BRCA2 mutation. I have an 86 chance is breast cancer and 25 chance ovarian. I talked to my mom, who has the gene and that calmed me down a bit. I just want DH to get home so he can hug me. I know I have alot of surgeries ahead of me. I'm not making any final decisions for a while but I'm supposed to schedule a mammogram ASAP. This is going to e quite the emotional roller coaster...Here we go!

Re: Update: The results are in...

• Well that is the crappiest way to get a non answer!

FX you get good news.  Let us know when you are ready to share.

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Oh my goodness.  I hope the dr prioritizes those calls for the EARLY afternoon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • MollySmMollySm member
    I'll be thinking of you! Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• mkarnsmkarns member
    GAH! Why did they even call?! Tell us when you find out!

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Let us know when you're ready to share results! Also, thinking of you as you make a decision on what to do with the results. Hugs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I guess they do it so the Dr is able to get in contact with the patient easy. To make it worse DH has a super busy day at work so I can't talk to him until he gets home.
  • imagemkarns:
    GAH! Why did they even call?! Tell us when you find out!
    Really! That would just make it more nerve racking. Thinking of you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDaizyMay22:
    I guess they do it so the Dr is able to get in contact with the patient easy. To make it worse DH has a super busy day at work so I can't talk to him until he gets home.

I guess I get that logic...but still!

And you can talk to us if you want, you know we are here!  But i totally understand that this is a pretty huge thing and if you aren't ready to talk to us that is ok too.

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• That is crazy!! I hope he calls you soon...with wonderful news! T&P's for you!

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
    BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
    BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
    Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
    You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com
  • I hope you get some amazing results! Thinking of you!
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • OH no! I am so sorry that you test positive. I am praying for you and your family.

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
    BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
    BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
    Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
    You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com
  • I am so sorry sweetie. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • I'm sorry you didn't get better news. I hope that knowing this and having a plan of action will bring you comfort instead of waiting and wondering.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry.  You will definitely be in my T&P's. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • jja0812jja0812 member
    I am so sorry you did not get better news. Hopefully now that you know, you can be (even more) hyper-vigilant with tests and exams. And, like you said, be better-prepared for potential surgeries. You'll be in my prayers.
  • I'm sorry for those results. Request a breast MRI not a mammogram or ultrasound. They're much more accurate.
    I will keep you in my thoughts.
  • MollySmMollySm member
    I'm so sorry and I hope your H gets home soon. I hope at least knowing can help you and your doctors with prevention and keeping on top of things. Thinking of you!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• suiternsuitern member
    My thoughts are with you as you navigate this!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagekarleegirl:
    I'm sorry for those results. Request a breast MRI not a mammogram or ultrasound. They're much more accurate.
    they are having me do a mammogram now and 6 months later do an MRI. I have to have both once a year so I will be screened every 6 months pretty much for the rest of my life.

Thank you so much everyone for your support and words if encouragement, it means alot!
  • I'm so sorry. You're in my thoughts and prayers! Please keep us posted.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Well that sucks.  Sorry, I know it is silly to say but is SUCKS.  I hope your DH gets home soon (just in case ::HUGS::).  I'm so sorry for the tests, surgeries and pain you will be going through.  I hope you are able to work with your doctors to figure out the best course of treatment for you and your family.

More hugs...

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Hang in there! The good part is you know and you can get ahead of this before something happens.

• imageDaizyMay22:
    imagekarleegirl:
    I'm sorry for those results. Request a breast MRI not a mammogram or ultrasound. They're much more accurate.
    they are having me do a mammogram now and 6 months later do an MRI. I have to have both once a year so I will be screened every 6 months pretty much for the rest of my life.

Thank you so much everyone for your support and words if encouragement, it means alot!
    good deal. I've been an oncology nurse for 11 years. My center is really pushing the genetic screens and for good reason.
    You've inspired me to get this testing. My mom is a breast cancer survivor but she won't do the testing.
  • mkarnsmkarns member
    Thinking about you! Im sorry you didn't get better news :(

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I don't post much these days, but wanted to check in to say that I am so sorry that your results were bad. I will be thinking of you and hoping that you can get some great advice and support from those near you. Hopefully you have some good, level-headed people around you during this time!

Hugs!

• I am so sorry- what scary news. I am trying to be optimistic- it's amazing in this day they can tell you this information and you can proactively ensure that you live longer. Please keep us posted. 
    BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi there, I am so sorry you are going through this. It sucks, and it is not fair. My husband was diagnosed with kidney cancer earlier this year. It has changed our family forever, my perspective on life will never be the same. We are closer and stronger, and as of right now my husband is cancer free. I hope the same for your family. Medicine has come a long way and we are fortunate to live in a time where cancer can be fought with a mighty fist. I will have you in my thoughts and prayers as you are faced with many tough decisions in your future.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"