April 2013 Moms

nursing cover

I'm looking to buy one, but there are so many different options! Which do you recommend?

Re: nursing cover

• Use something you already have.  A lightweight muslin blanket, for example.  Also, most baby carriers have a suggestion for how to nurse while  baby wearing and it's usually pretty discreet.  

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • imageNandaB:
    Babs!!! What's up! How's it going? How's Sully?? I use a receiving blanket. I just tuck a corner under my bra strap on top of my shoulder. BUT with my first I had a cover that had a strap to go around my neck with boning around the neckline so I could see LO. It was super bright colors though, and I felt like it was a giant red floral 'Look at me' sign.

I have a cover from **THIS IS SPAM** Cover. they had a deal where it was free, just pay the shipping. The shipping was $12 or so. It is black with a white design. I LOVE it! The boning lets me see B with out everyone else being able to see. I used just a receiving blanket with DD1 and it worked fine but I like being able to SEE baby while feeding, especially because B tends to pull off quite often. Also the cover is very light weight and even though it is black it isn't super hot. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I received a Bebe Au Lait cover as a gift and so far I like it, although I have only used it twice.  It has a strap that goes around my neck, boning so I can see LO, and is pretty lightweight, so I don't get overly warm.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • KrisM86KrisM86 member

With DD I loved my Bebe Au Lait cover. https://www.amazon.com/Bebe-Lait-Nursing-Cover-Jaipur/dp/B004XN0E5G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369154861&sr=8-1&keywords=bebe+au+lait+nursing+cover 

I tried a few others that didn't have boning and didn't like them.  

I'm not really using one with DS since I'm more comfortable NIP now, but once he gets distracted by every little thing I will break the cover out again. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• zzbbzzbb member
    I just use a 10 cover from target. It works fine for the purpose and is light weight
  • I like my Bebe au Lait covers. I got one one clearance at Babies r Us and received another as a gift, so I keep one in my diaper bag and one at my nursing station in case of unexpected visitors!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageTrish&Pete07:

imageNandaB:
    Babs!!! What's up! How's it going? How's Sully?? I use a receiving blanket. I just tuck a corner under my bra strap on top of my shoulder. BUT with my first I had a cover that had a strap to go around my neck with boning around the neckline so I could see LO. It was super bright colors though, and I felt like it was a giant red floral 'Look at me' sign.

I have a cover from **THIS IS SPAM** Cover. they had a deal where it was free, just pay the shipping. The shipping was $12 or so. It is black with a white design. I LOVE it! The boning lets me see B with out everyone else being able to see. I used just a receiving blanket with DD1 and it worked fine but I like being able to SEE baby while feeding, especially because B tends to pull off quite often. Also the cover is very light weight and even though it is black it isn't super hot. 

i have a bebe au lait, and I agree with all of this. I have used a blanket in a pinch but it slides off and it's hard to get LO latched when I can't see what I'm doing. I had to use the cover a couple of times to get used to it, but now I couldn't go without. It's so nice because I can feed him in discreet places in public if I have to, and I also use it at home when people come over to visit the baby, so I don't have to take him upstairs to feed him anymore. It was totally worth it for me. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • nessahmnessahm member
    I have a hooter hider which I love. Got it from amazon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like my Bebe au Lait cover. I found it used for 10. Not the pattern I wanted but couldnt beat the price.
    I like being able to see LO and I think this brand holds up better in the long run.
  • I got the bebe au lait cover as a shower gift and I've used it a few times - works well for me.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• I made this one that I found on Pinterest and I love it. It only took $6 in material and 30 minutes to make it.

https://www.thecoterieblog.com/2012/05/dyi-modern-nursing-shawl-sew-one-line.html

BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"