October 2012 Moms

Any EP's left here?

In two days, it will mark my 7 months of EPing. Party!!!

I am currently doing 4 sessions a day and keep up with her eating. I am thinking out going down to three next week and going into the freezer stash a little every day.

Just curious if anyone else is still at it and when you plan on stopping.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

Re: Any EP's left here?

• How on earth have you done this?!?!? Mad props!!!
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm not still pumping but I just wanted to say that's awesome! I only lasted 6 weeks, its hard work!
  • Loading the player...
  • thanks ladies... It's getting harder everyday. When lo was little it wasn't too bad, we'd play on the bed while I pumped, but she is starting to get more mobile every day so it's getting to be challenging.

Whenever I talk to dh about stopping, he tells me I should go a year. Ya.. Ok... That is not going to happen. A year of bf is an accomplishment... I feel like ep'ing for year is almost unheard of.

• I can barely find time to pump once a day.
    Birthday

• imageclrgrdfrk:

thanks ladies... It's getting harder everyday. When lo was little it wasn't too bad, we'd play on the bed while I pumped, but she is starting to get more mobile every day so it's getting to be challenging.

Whenever I talk to dh about stopping, he tells me I should go a year. Ya.. Ok... That is not going to happen. A year of bf is an accomplishment... I feel like ep'ing for year is almost unheard of.

Agreed. I can't imagine pumping once they start crawling. I don't really ever pump... just wanted to say congrats for sticking it out, that is wonderful.  

DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • imageclrgrdfrk:

I am currently doing 4 sessions a day and keep up with her eating. I am thinking out going down to three next week and going into the freezer stash a little every day.

Hi!! I'm right at 7 months with you :) Its tough. I only pump twice a day.  I get about 16 ounces out of those two sessions. I'm soooo over it, but I just keep on pumping! 

• Chiming in! I'm a little over 7 months EPing too. I also pump 4x a day. I still have a massive oversupply though (~55oz a day; DD eats 30). At this rate I will likley go for a year because every time I think of quitting I start feeling guilty that many women would kill for my supply so I really need to be thankful and keep it up. I donate often, as well, probably over 1500 oz at this point and have probably somewhere in the neghborhood of 1000 in the deep freeze and will continue to donate, so that keeps me plugging along, too. It is really annoying at times and is definitely hard work. Having to get up extra early for work and pump for 40 minutes to empty (bc I do not pump in the MOTN), twice at work and then pretty much once I get the kids to bed all I do is pump and go to bed myself. It does feel like it takes over your life at times when you have to rush around beacuse it is time to pump - but I just try and make it work. Hopefully cutting to 3x/day probably next month will make me feel like I have more time! Good job to all my fellow EPers!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrs.S-S:
    Chiming in! I'm a little over 7 months EPing too. I also pump 4x a day. I still have a massive oversupply though (~55oz a day; DD eats 30). At this rate I will likley go for a year because every time I think of quitting I start feeling guilty that many women would kill for my supply so I really need to be thankful and keep it up. I donate often, as well, probably over 1500 oz at this point and have probably somewhere in the neghborhood of 1000 in the deep freeze and will continue to donate, so that keeps me plugging along, too. It is really annoying at times and is definitely hard work. Having to get up extra early for work and pump for 40 minutes to empty (bc I do not pump in the MOTN), twice at work and then pretty much once I get the kids to bed all I do is pump and go to bed myself. It does feel like it takes over your life at times when you have to rush around beacuse it is time to pump - but I just try and make it work. Hopefully cutting to 3x/day probably next month will make me feel like I have more time! Good job to all my fellow EPers!!!

You rock! When I think about stopping, I start to feel really guitly. I had a few rough days around 6 months where I really wanted to stop but I'm still at it. When I cut down from 5 to 4 I felt like I had so much more time, so cutting to 3 will probably feel the same way.

• imagestephcarter:
    imageclrgrdfrk:

Hi!! I'm right at 7 months with you :) Its tough. I only pump twice a day.  I get about 16 ounces out of those two sessions. I'm soooo over it, but I just keep on pumping! 

Virtual high five! 

• imageclrgrdfrk:

thanks ladies... It's getting harder everyday. When lo was little it wasn't too bad, we'd play on the bed while I pumped, but she is starting to get more mobile every day so it's getting to be challenging.

First off, I'm am so impressed!! Secondly, don't you love when men tell us what to do???

• imageBabyCarryingVessel:
    imageclrgrdfrk:

First off, I'm am so impressed!! Secondly, don't you love when men tell us what to do???

Right!?! There is nothing.. NOTHING... that can prepare you mentally/pyshically/emotionally for bf/pumping, IMO. It's not as easy as strapping it on and hanging out, even if that's all it looks like to him.

• imageBabyCarryingVessel:
    imageclrgrdfrk:

DH told me to do whatever I feel I want to/need to do. Its FIL who won't leave me alone about it. Ridiculous right?? So uncomfortable... 

• jules78jules78 member

I'm 3 days shy of 7 months.  It's been hard the last 2 months!  

I'm doing 5 sessions a day and dipping into my stash about twice a week to keep up.  We'll see how much longer I can do it.  I said I wanted to make it 6 months so I'm really not sure what my new goal is.

Congrats to all who have made it this far!   

• imagestephcarter:
    imageBabyCarryingVessel:
    imageclrgrdfrk:

DH told me to do whatever I feel I want to/need to do. Its FIL who won't leave me alone about it. Ridiculous right?? So uncomfortable... 

That's so awkward!

Original poster that's great! I don't ep but pump while at work and twice more, and it's exhausting.

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• CP0979CP0979 member
    Wow u go momma! I pump twice a day now, used to be three. I don't think I mind pumping as much as I hate cleaning the pump! But I've decided to start weaning and give her formula when we're not together. Not sure if ill keep my supply or not after that. If I do, I may try to keep going a little longer with the bf but I've decided once there are teeth, she will be a formula baby!
  • Awesome! Keep it up!

I EP'ed with my first for 13 months. I'm hoping 18 months with this one. I pump 5x a day right now and have over 1200 ounces in the freezer.

• imageblondie42107:
    Awesome! Keep it up!

I EP'ed with my first for 13 months. I'm hoping 18 months with this one. I pump 5x a day right now and have over 1200 ounces in the freezer.

You're pretty amazing!!!

• I'm nearing 8 months here.  I do breastfeed in the middle of the night atleast once.  Sometimes twice.  So I don't fit into either category.  But I do pump 4 times a day.  I have found a rythym and it works well for us.  I've become a fan of pumping in the car...it saves lots of time.  The weekends are a pita.  And I'm not sure how the summer will go.  We will see. 

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • imageblondie42107:
    Awesome! Keep it up! I EP'ed with my first for 13 months. I'm hoping 18 months with this one. I pump 5x a day right now and have over 1200 ounces in the freezer.

Oh my... You just blew my mind. I can't imagine going 13+ months.. But I said that at the beginning with going 6+. Only time will tell..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"