September 2011 Moms

my BIL is going to give me a complex

DH was talking to his brother around 8:30 last night and J was still up, he apparently heard him in the background and said "What the heck is he still doing up?" DH told him that J doesn't go to bed until 9 usually and BIL went off, saying that we were stunting his growth by depriving him of sleep.

I have plenty of opinions about how he raises his 3 year old daughter, who still sleeps in their bed and demands a glass of milk every night at 2am, but I keep my mouth shut because it's what works for your family.

I also know that's just how he is, but there I was, on the iPad looking up how many hours of sleep a 1 year old is supposed to have because now he's made me feel like a bad mom. Reason number #800 we will never, ever move back home.

ETA: J sleeps 10 hours at night and takes a 2 hour nap every afternoon.

BTW: Same BIL who asked us to stay in his suite next week.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: my BIL is going to give me a complex

• imagevalzee:

BTW: Same BIL who asked us to stay in his suite next week.

Contradicting much?? lol

Yeah, don't you just love those unwanted comments?

And don't second guess yourself, silly! You are an awesome mom!

T has the same sleeping schedule :) 

• GVSU-04GVSU-04 member
    That seems like a reasonable amt of sleep. J's right around there too. We can be bad mommies together.
  • Loading the player...
  • Do what works for you family!
    Lord knows how many nights L has stayed up way late and slept in. It's fine.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You should ask him what books he read to become the perfect parent.

And then tell us what he says because we're obviously bad parents too.

You are doing just fine! Tell him to beat it.
  • C doesn't go to sleep until 9:30 or 10 and wakes up around 7. He also takes a 2 to 3 hour nap every day. Add me to the bad mom list if kids should be in bed by 8.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yeah I'd roll my eyes at that one.  I get the side eye for N's relatively early bedtime but it mostly works for us and I don't presume to know what works for others. Maybe if the kids is a hot cranky mess all the time but even still one never knows what issues folks are dealing with etc.  

N also gets similar amounts of sleep just during different hours :) 

• First it's none of his business. Second that is a perfectly acceptable bedtime. E doesn't go to sleep sometimes until 845. I see some toddlers are in bed at 7. Whatever works for your family ya know.
  • Another bad mom here whose kid doesn't go to bed until 9.  We also usually get about 12-13 hours total sleep a day.  And if I may add, my DD is brilliant and usually a joy to be around. 
  • T&HLoveT&HLove member

Ugh annoying! 

You know you're a good mom, as do I.... So yep, he can shove it :)

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• aveehaveeh member

Hey if it makes you feel better, B gave herself an early bedtime (7-7:30) and when we leave somewhere early because she will lose it if we don't we get lectures about letting her "live it up a little" and that we should "stop being so strict", even though I would love for her to be able to stay up later without getting super cranky.

Either way you do it people are going to judge. 

• imageaveeh:

Hey if it makes you feel better, B gave herself an early bedtime (7-7:30) and when we leave somewhere early because she will lose it if we don't we get lectures about letting her "live it up a little" and that we should "stop being so strict", even though I would love for her to be able to stay up later without getting super cranky.

Either way you do it people are going to judge. 

This exactly!  You can never win with judgy people ...

You're doing a great job! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"