Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Hemangioma & Propranolol?

Anyone have an experience with hemangioma's? My daughter has one underneath her eyelid and is currently on Propranolol. Her story is here: https://harleighlove.wordpress.com/2013/05/19/harleighs-hemangioma/. I have been told that a hemangioma under the eyelid is very rare - anyone have a story they can share? Thank you.

Re: Hemangioma & Propranolol?

• Wow 4? The tongue one sounds super rare! Does anyone in your family have them? I am convinced they are hereditary. Yes, since its on her eye, we had to do something. Did the Timolol drops work? I wanted those but her ophthalmologist said that Propranolol would be best in her situation. It's working ... So that's good!
  • Yes my daughter has one on her neck.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter has one on her palm 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My son has one on his back and a tiny one on his upper chest. They stopped growing when he was about 3 months old. He is now 6 months old. Since they stopped growing and at this point are cosmetic; we have chosen to leave them alone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 2 image
  • DS has one right between his eyes. Some people at first thought it was like a third eye thing. We aren't doing anything because its definitely shrinking, but the dr keeps close tabs on it at each appt. I was told by two different doctors that the closer to the center of the body hemangeomas are, the better the rate they will disappear without help.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • DS2 has one on the side of his back a bit below his arm pit.  It stopped growing around 4 months it hasn't started to go away on its own yet.  Nobody on either side of ur families that we re aware if has had one before.  
  • I don't have any experience w/ a hamangioma but I can say your daughter is absolutely gorgeous.  I read her story and I can really see a big difference in the photos. Her eye is looking great! I, myself, take propanalol for migraines and was told that if you don't have high blood pressure then it won't give you low blood pressure....in fact, it won't affect it at all.  I believe your LO seeming tired or cranky is probably her just being a baby! :):) I have zero side effects from it (obviously an adult is different than a baby).  She's looking good mama, you're doing a great job!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • First your dd is an absolute doll!! My dd did have a hemangioma on her neck, it was a strawberry hemangioma so it was red in color. I wish I could show you a picture of what my dds looked like bc your lo looks SO much better. It was red colored, swollen, and just kept growning. We had it surgically removed when she was 5mo bc it was getting in the way of her carseat straps and the dr felt it would cause her to eventually have neck probs or even trouble breathing. When the time comes to have your Los removed just find a really good pediatric surgeon. Good luck :
  • My DD has one on her tongue. I'm surprised to read about another one on the tongue! Her pedi is watching it but hasn't recommended anything. He said it should go away on its own about a year or so.

Your LO is very cute!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • My dd has one on her head and two on her back, they stopped growing so it's just cosmetic. My nephews both had them as we'll as the child gets older they fade and turn white, not a big deal to me. Your dd is absolutely cute though!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"