Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Weekend away

We are moving this weekend (ugh), and my MIL has kindly offered to watch the girls at her house from Friday evening to Sunday evening. This will be the longest I've been away from DD2, and the longest she's been without either DH or I around. I trust my MIL, so I think she'll survive. Now my 2 year old around my SIL's kid, might not survive. She is just a terror, and is beyond hurtful to my DD1 (she has gone as far to whip her with a willow stick multiple times, I am not excited that they all live on the same ranch.)

But, I am pumping away, and I am not really sure how much BM I should have minimally. I really don't want to end up having her drink formula. Right now I have 45 oz, and if I pump out 7 oz like I have been every night, I should have  28 more by Friday.73 oz has GOT to be more than enough, right? I can't imagine her EVER going through all of that in two days.

They live two hours away, so I figured we'd drive up, I'd feed her, then leave.

And how often do you pump when LO is away? When they normally eat, or more often, since a pump isn't as efficient at getting BM out... I just don't want to lose my supply.

I am totally over thinking this, aren't I?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image  image

Re: Weekend away

• Oy to your sister-in-law's kid.

I would think 73oz would be enough for two days.  You are close enough to them, too, that if they ran out you could run up there a bit early and feed.  No big deal.

I usually pump on my usual feeding schedule if LO misses a feeding.  I've had my supply drop a bit before from not being very good about pumping, but it always comes right back.

• imagejkuhmann:

Oy to your sister-in-law's kid.

I would think 73oz would be enough for two days.  You are close enough to them, too, that if they ran out you could run up there a bit early and feed.  No big deal.

I usually pump on my usual feeding schedule if LO misses a feeding.  I've had my supply drop a bit before from not being very good about pumping, but it always comes right back.

Yeah, my SIL's child is a whole conundrum all it's own. Ha.

And that's true, I could always ditch out on packing and moving to go feed and get the girls. Thanks for the help!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • If your MIL is unfamiliar with BM send along a cheat sheet on how long it lasts out of the fridge, that you can refrigerate and offier one more time. Some ladies on my BMB have had issues with caregivers throwing away full bottles if the baby didn't take it right away.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • not really relevant, but my brother used to beat the crap out of me when we were little. He used to whip me with one of those rubber snakes to the point of welts. I wan't happy but I survived and learned to defend myself.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • laura1laura1 member

I would think you would have enough, but you could send along formula and if it seemed like they were running low, they could mix some formula in with the breast milk.  I know my DD#2 won't take formula, so that is what we do - to trick her Wink  And ditto making sure your MIL knows you can put the bottle back in the fridge if she doesn't finish it.  No matter how many times I tell my mom or babysitter, they don't do it.  I started just making them 3-4 oz bottles so if she didn't take it, we wouldn't waste as much!  

I usually try to pump about the same # of times that DD will eat when I am away from her (at work).  I usually work nights, so I only have to pump 3 times (I leave my house at 4pm, get home at 9am).  When I do work days (only about once a month), I still only manage to pump 3 times at best because I get busy, but it hasn't seemed to mess up DD's eating when I get home!   

We are going to my college reunion next weekend, and my parents will be watching the kiddos for one night.  I am SO excited - for a night away and for a full nights sleep!  I hope you get some rest while the girls are away, even with the packing and moving! 

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"