March 2013 Moms

Oklahoma

I am hoping none of you mommies live where the tornado struck or have family members or friends that were affected. My heart is aching for all of those lives that were lost, especially the 20 elementary schoolers. I just can't imagine. If any of you have ties to this tragedy, you are in my prayers.
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

Re: Oklahoma

• Lex703Lex703 member
    Oh that was so sad. My prayers and condolences go out to those who were affected.
  • Its horrific. I live near Tuscaloosa, AL where and EF5 tornado hit the city in April of 2011. The scenes in OK are so familiar and scary.

It will take yearw to recover and some things...like the hearts of those parents and teachers..will never fully mend.

Prayers!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • AnneleaAnnelea member
    My heart sank when they showed the school buses lined up in front of the school,  when I first turned on the tv they were interviewing a city official and he was just saying the school was damaged, did not say if school was in session so I was hoping no little ones were hurt then I saw the buses lined up, breaks my heart, I can't keep from thinking about the kids and parents and everyone who's entire world was changed in a minute.
  • My brother lives 10 minutes away and is part of the Air Force base in Oklahoma City. He is fine but I guess many cell phones wouldn't work due to the towers all being down so people couldn't call their family members.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • It just makes me sick to think about it. Having a LO definitely makes things like that hurt even more now!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagejahjbmr:
    My brother lives 10 minutes away and is part of the Air Force base in Oklahoma City. He is fine but I guess many cell phones wouldn't work due to the towers all being down so people couldn't call their family members.

My brother just moved to Norman. Got text that he and wife are ok. Had to call my mom since he couldnt contact her.. scariest time for him was Sunday when tornado formed over his house and touched down two miles away.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • I am from Tulsa Oklahoma and things here are ok.  We have alot of family and friends in the area of the tornado and they are all fine.  There will be alot of rebuilding to do, but we have done it before and will come out of this tornado too. Keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.
  • I moved from Moore right before we had our daughter. The apt that we moved from was a block from the tornados path. Feel blessed that we moved when we did. But feel horrible about the lives that were lost.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"