October 2012 Moms

Working moms

Mobile: working moms

Don't you hate Mondays? We had such a nice relaxing weekend with the twins. We all had breakfast together this morning and lots of play time today too. Makes me miss them so much and also makes Monday especially hard.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Working moms

• Agreed! Sunday evenings are depressing, but once I get into the swing of the work week, I'm okay.

• Sounds like a great Sunday. We saw twins in buybuybaby and part of me was a little jealous. I think it's so amazing. And i give parents of multiples so much credit.

But yes I do hate Mondays! I work from home Mondays and Tuesdays so they're especially hard. And I've got virtual meetings alllll day tomorrow and tuesday.

• Loading the player...
  • I love Sundays - actually, they're my favorite days of the week.  For whatever reason, I've almost always been able to relax and just enjoy the full day.  And there's no pressure to enjoy them like there is on Saturdays, which is another reason to love Sundays.

The challenge for me, as a mama, is to face Monday when it slaps me in the face in the morning.  I can relax and not notice it all day Sunday, even into the night, but when my alarm rings on Monday morning, I am flucked.  And already missing the weekend, as I am sure most of us are.

p.s. Love my job, though.  As soon as I get into the swing of things, I'm usually okay.  It does take a little conditioning to get to the weekend again, but I enjoy getting there.  It's a pretty good balance overall. 

• Monday morning drop off is so hard but I'm a teacher and summer is so close! I have quite a few classes to take this summer but will still have a lot more time with the babes!

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• CbeanzCbeanz member
    imageRVASC811:

Sunday is a bit like my Monday, as I'm a minister. But I bring C with me obviously to church and today we had an event which she also came to, but I had an afternoon meeting and a night meeting, so I missed bedtime, which I hate.

Still, Monday stinks because I get home late Sunday night then basically only see her for a little bit before I drop her off on Monday morning for daycare. I do kind of love that I only have 4 days really really away from her (but then I work a lot of evenings, so I definitely get my hours in and more...).

Tell me more about your job as a minister!  Not many women are ministers, are they?  My neighbor is a woman rabbi, which I thought was unique, but maybe not? 

• imageLauraT25:
    Yeah Mondays suck. I feel like Sunday has a dark shadow over it, knowing what is in store. I usually have meetings on Mondays, too, so I am not doing the kind of work I love and that distracts me from missing K. I am usually fine by Wednesday, but Mondays haven't gotten any easier.

This
    Sunday is my least favorite day of the week

• Yup Mondays suck! Especially when you didn't get to relax at all. I was going all weekend and barely had time to sit down I woke up this morning already looking forward to the 3 day weekend! And I'm always late on Mondays.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CLLDLLCLLDLL member
    Yes, Mondays are terrible for us too.  The "good" thing is G has gottten to be quite the good sleeper lately - knocks on wood - so at least I get a little "me" time to get up and shower & get ready before I get both boys up for the day. 

image imageimageimage

• Monday morning is always the worst day - All of us want to sleep in and it's a mad dash to get everything out of the house on time!

• morrkimmorrkim member
    Mondays are no fun, but this is my last till next school year.  Yay!  Unfortunately my last is probably my worst.  We were gone all weekend for a graduation and got back real late and Alexis slept in the car so didn't want to sleep last night.  Then this morning I woke up not feeling well.  I think I might have a stomach bug and she woke up with a cold.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Sundays are my Mondays and they are miserable... Today is my hump day so I think I may just make it. I went in late yesterday so my husband could go to the doctor and it was so nice just being a mom for a bit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"