August 2011 Moms

Fail.

Overheard at play gym today:

"Yeah I stopped BF-ing at 6 months.  Once he started food he just wasn't interested.  So he just got food and water after that."

What the what?!  Shouldn't this kid still get formula at 6 months?  I mean I'm no expert but I sure did side eye.  Hard.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645

Re: Fail.

• That IS a fail.

Is this an everyone post their fail type of thing? I have a good one not my own.
    imageimage
  • imageMrs Case:
    That IS a fail. Is this an everyone post their fail type of thing? I have a good one not my own.

It wasn't but it definitely should be.  This ought to be fun!!!  And go.......

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, yeah. We failed at BF but she still got formula until after a year old.
  • imageeatmorecupcakes:

"Yeah I stopped BF-ing at 6 months.  Once he started food he just wasn't interested.  So he just got food and water after that."

Tongue Tied

• imageeatmorecupcakes:

imageMrs Case:
    That IS a fail. Is this an everyone post their fail type of thing? I have a good one not my own.

OK, so, someone was trying to tell me a story about their experience at Home Depot buying a BBQ.

Person: Blah, blah, blah, so the sales associate told me to speak to the manager about sales.

Me: Oh, OK.

Person: Yeah, and the manager comes and I think she was a lesbian.

Me: What do you mean?

Person: Well, she had spikey hair so I think she was a lesbian. Except, she was wearing a cross so maybe not.

Me: Wait, WHAT? What does being gay have to do with believing in God? And how does spikey hair make someone a lesbian?

Person: So, I got a great deal on the BBQ.

Way to change the subject from my pointed questions. I was horrified. This is why I do not like religion. Yikes. This kind of crap scares people off from God but that's a whole 'nother Oprah. 

imageimage
  • I was just going to post why I'm not winning SO of the year award - so this thread is perfect.

This day needs a do-over.  This morning in a rush to start laundry I washed SO's iPhone.  Feck.  Now, that's bad enough but the real kicker is that he's leaving tomorrow for New Orleans/Baton Rouge and had just gotten an international package on his phone and really needs a phone while he's there.  

Phone has been soaking in rice all day and did turn on at one point but went back off again.  Any miracle workers out there know how to revive a cooked phone? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Fail for sure. Doesn't the pediatrician even ask that your still feeding you baby formula or BM?
  • imageeatmorecupcakes:
    Overheard at play gym today:"Yeah I stopped BFing at 6 months.nbsp; Once he started food he just wasn't interested.nbsp; So he just got food and water after that."What the what?!nbsp; Shouldn't this kid still get formula at 6 months?nbsp; I mean I'm no expert but I sure did side eye.nbsp; Hard.

WTF? what is wrong with people?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMrs Case:
    imageeatmorecupcakes:

imageMrs Case:
    That IS a fail.

Is this an everyone post their fail type of thing? I have a good one not my own.

OK, so, someone was trying to tell me a story about their experience at Home Depot buying a BBQ.

Person: Blah, blah, blah, so the sales associate told me to speak to the manager about sales.

Me: Oh, OK.

Person: Yeah, and the manager comes and I think she was a lesbian.

Me: What do you mean?

Person: Well, she had spikey hair so I think she was a lesbian. Except, she was wearing a cross so maybe not.

Me: Wait, WHAT? What does being gay have to do with believing in God? And how does spikey hair make someone a lesbian?

Person: So, I got a great deal on the BBQ.

Way to change the subject from my pointed questions. I was horrified. This is why I do not like religion. Yikes. This kind of crap scares people off from God but that's a whole 'nother Oprah. 

I love how the person went from spikey hair to lesbian to a great deal on a BBQ.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagekjgilhoo:
    I was just going to post why I'm not winning SO of the year award so this thread is perfect.This day needs a doover. nbsp;This morning in a rush to start laundry I washed SO's iPhone. nbsp;Feck. nbsp;Now, that's bad enough but the real kicker is that he's leaving tomorrow for New Orleans/Baton Rouge and had just gotten an international package on his phone and really needs a phone while he's there. nbsp;Phone has been soaking in rice all day and did turn on at one point but went back off again. nbsp;Any miracle workers out there know how to revive a cooked phone?nbsp;

Oh no! Were you able to save it after all?
  • imageamywalt1684:
    Fail for sure. Doesn't the pediatrician even ask that your still feeding you baby formula or BM?

This is what I was wondering!  Our pedi was still asking this right up until her DD's 1 year appointment.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Nope, it's a goner :(
  • imagekjgilhoo:
    Nope, it's a goner :(

Oh no, that sucks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"