August 2013 Moms

Hospital Bag Must Haves

Any recommendations for what we should absolutely pack in our hospital bag for mommy, daddy and baby?

Re: Hospital Bag Must Haves

• oops34oops34 member
    Besides the obvious, I always have to have hair ties, chapstick and hand lotion.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• There were a few posts about this several weeks back, but I'm too lazy to look for them mobile.

One that stuck out to me was chargers for everything! Something I'd def forget!

Also, someone recommended plenty of pairs of underwear.
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Loading the player...
  • Slippers, a robe, and peanut MMS. Because peanut MMS make the perfect nursing snack. You'll be super hungry, so in all honesty, you'll want to pack snacks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Look back a couple pages and you'll see some good posts on this. Also check out Pintetest for tons of lists and product ideas.

• imageRachey1082:
    Slippers, a robe, and peanut MMS. Because peanut MMS make the perfect nursing snack. You'll be super hungry, so in all honesty, you'll want to pack snacks.

Now I want peanut M&M's.  

• imagemommabmb:
    There were a few posts about this several weeks back, but I'm too lazy to look for them mobile. One that stuck out to me was chargers for everything! Something I'd def forget! Also, someone recommended plenty of pairs of underwear.

yes on the chargers. Though I don't know why you'd pack underwear.. The hospital provides some pretty ideal mesh panties. (No really, they are awesome and you'll want extras!!) 

• Take your tour first, and see what the hospital provides.

Pack light. Really.

Cell phone charger. Snack. Hairbrush. Coming home outfit. Carseat. Almost everything else, like shampoo, is provided at our hospital.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• I packed a whole suitcase last time and didn't use jack from it. This time I will be taking just a back pack. And hoping to reduce the stay to under 24 hours this time!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I way over packed for number one, so for number two I didn't bring a thing. Had dh go home and grab a coming home outfit and some clothes for me. It was way easier
    Tara
  • Pretty much the only things I used were my robe, clothes to leave in, hairbrush, going home outfit for LO, boppy pillow, and carseat. I think that was it. Everything else they either had there or I never used for either birth. 
    E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I liked having a headband to have my hair off my face for delivery.  My hair isn't long enough to pull back into a ponytail but the headband worked well.  It wasn't pretty because my short hairs were sticking up all over but it served the purpose.  I didn't want to be pushing and be worrying about getting the hair out of my eyes.
    me:33 yrs. old, DH: 27 yrs. old
    Married since 11/08
    TTC since 6/10
    HSG: all clear 2/11
    SA: no issues 2/11
    Clomid + TI: 4/11= BFN
    First RE Appt: 5/11
    IUI #1 5/23/11=BFN
    IUI #2 7/8/11=BFN
    Lap for endo 8/2/11 IUI #3 8/15/11=BFP!!
    Gabrielle born 5/7/12
    11/21/12=BFP #2 EDD: 8/2/13
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • I totally over-packed with our first child, so now I keep it to a minimum. :)

• Slippers or special socks
    • Robe (I don't advocate PJ's, due to bleeding. I prefer to junk up the hospital gown rather than my own PJs)
    • Tolietries
    • Camera
    • Phone

Then, of course, the carseat and baby welcome home outfit. If you find you want something that you forgot to pack, you can always ask DH to bring it in.

As far as DH, I let him make his own bag. I had to laugh, because last time it held a 2 L of Mountain Dew, a bag of chips, and an extra change of clothes. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCelticWife:
    Take your tour first, and see what the hospital provides. Pack light. Really. Cell phone charger. Snack. Hairbrush. Coming home outfit. Carseat. Almost everything else, like shampoo, is provided at our hospital.

This- you are there for TWO DAYS you really don't need much.  If you end up staying longer you can have DH run home and grab a few things, or have a "back up bag" that he can run home and grab.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"