Babies: 3 - 6 Months

I may run the vacuum all day...

DS loves the vacuum. He could be fussing up a storm. I put it on and he's happy as a clam. I put him on his playmat so I could pick up the living room. He started whining. I began to vacuum, and he's chatting to all the toys and smiling like they're best buds.

Re: I may run the vacuum all day...

• LOL! I used to run it all the time when DS was colicky around 6-8 weeks. I would just leave it running until he fell asleep. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • imagepangnl79:
    LOL! I used to run it all the time when DS was colicky around 6-8 weeks. I would just leave it running until he fell asleep. 

I did that too until she fell asleep. Now she hates the noise and it scares her when I turn it on.  

• Loading the player...
  • laura1laura1 member

imagepangnl79:
    LOL! I used to run it all the time when DS was colicky around 6-8 weeks. I would just leave it running until he fell asleep. 

My DS loved the dryer, so we used to run it all the time when he was fussy as a newborn.  Then we got our first electric bill and it was insane!  After that we downloaded the dryer sound from itunes and would play it on our ipods on repeat...much more cost effective!   

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In my DD earlier days (I cringe as I recall the newborn awfulness), I used to sit on the toilet in a dark bathroom with the fan running because it calmed her down and got her to sleep.  I can't tell you how much time I spent on the toilet with her. The oven fan worked like a charm for her too. Whatever works!!
  • LSU628LSU628 member
    We used to joke that DS was powerless to the Dyson. He could be fussy and overly tired, turn on the vacuum and BAM! I could tell if he'd had a bad day when I picked him up from my mom or MIL if their vacuums were still out, LOL. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work anymore. Fortunately, my DH doesn't know that yet and still vacuums hoping to get DS to fall asleep. LOL!
    imageimage
  • My DD had the worst colic imaginable and the only thing that would calm her down was vacuum sounds. After a few days I went searching for an audio of it and youtube has an 8+ hour video of vacuum sounds that I would leave on for hours at a time. DS thankfully is a very easy baby so I dont have to use the vacuum to calm him, but it does put him into a total trance when I do have to do house work. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"