Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Baby Yogurt

Does anyone feed their LO's yogurt?  We got her some baby yogurt yesterday and she LOVED it.  It had 7 grams of sugar in it (not sure if that's a lot) but it literally had her bouncing off the walls.  I have never seen this kid so hyper.  Any suggestions on something w/ lower sugar or even mixing it w/ something and giving her 1/2 a serving at a time?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Yogurt

• i give him stonyfield yo baby and he loves it.  Didn't notice a difference.  he's hyper regardless.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • APriceAPrice member
    We give him all different kinds of yogurt and, honestly, I haven't noticed a difference in his behavior. We give him chobani champions, regular chobani with fruit mixed in, stony field...haven't noticed anything.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAPrice:
    We give him all different kinds of yogurt and, honestly, I haven't noticed a difference in his behavior. We give him chobani champions, regular chobani with fruit mixed in, stony field...haven't noticed anything.

We also give a variety of yogurt.  Pretty much whatever is on sale that week.  I have never noticed any food make him act differently.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I wouldn't give flavored yogurt.  Just give plain mixed with some fruit.  

Check out this blog post: https://blog.fooducate.com/2013/05/04/baby-yogurt-just-what-we-need/

• i make my own yogurt .. few times i have given him earths best yogurt smoothies ..and sometimes whole milk plain yogurt from the store.. he loves yogurt in every form 
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So here's a dumb question.  Why is it ok to give whole milk yogurt but not for them to drink straight cows milk at this age?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • imagecedenton:

I wouldn't give flavored yogurt.  Just give plain mixed with some fruit.  

Check out this blog post: https://blog.fooducate.com/2013/05/04/baby-yogurt-just-what-we-need/

Thank you!! :) Very educational!! I appreciate it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageScorpgirl444:
    So here's a dumb question.  Why is it ok to give whole milk yogurt but not for them to drink straight cows milk at this age?

It's not that milk is dangerous for them to have.  Milk doesn't offer the same level of nutrients BM or formula does and they still need those benefits.  So it's fine for them to eat stuff made with milk but not to have milk replace what they're drinking. 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Per my pedi whole cows. Milk is just not as calorie dense and full of fat baby needs in the 1st year. 
  • imagejfresh:
    I give plain full fat Greek yogurt and add a little bit of fruit puree or mashed up fruit.

This exactly
  • OK, that makes more sense than...it's not good for them.  That's the answer I usually get.  I'm going to start introducing it at 11 months.  The twins do really well with slow changes.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • I buy the Gerber Yogurt when its on sale.  I started off just giving LO half of the cup (saving the other half for the next day) mostly because I heard yogurt is a constipateor. LO has some bowel movement issues!

But Ive been lazy about LO's food so for the daycare Ill send a whole yogurt, I guess most of the time he eats the whole cup

• imageelmoali:

imageScorpgirl444:
    So here's a dumb question.  Why is it ok to give whole milk yogurt but not for them to drink straight cows milk at this age?

It's not that milk is dangerous for them to have.  Milk doesn't offer the same level of nutrients BM or formula does and they still need those benefits.  So it's fine for them to eat stuff made with milk but not to have milk replace what they're drinking. 

yogurt is cultured milk , so it is "broken down", easier to digest. Cheese is also cultured.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"