February 2013 Moms

Grabbing toys yet?

My LO turns 3 months old on Friday and still isnt swatting at toys, or attempting to grab/reach for them.... I cant remember when my other two kids did this, but I thought for sure it was by 3 months old.

I hold a toy in front of her and she just looks at it. Couldnt care less about them

What do you think?

Me 33, DH 33, Charlotte 5, Ethan 3
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Grabbing toys yet?

• I don't know the answer, but my LO isn't grabbing at things yet, either unless it's sort of a fluke... like my hair lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes, but DS2 is on the older side of this board.  He probably started doing this 2-3 weeks ago

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Loading the player...
  • I'm really not seeing this yet, either. DD will be 3 months on Wednesday. I think it's okay and I'm expecting to see more in the next couple weeks. (She also hasn't rolled in either direction; I've seen lots of babies. Here doing that already. It'll all happen when they're good and ready!)

• I don't remember when my first started, but this LO will be 4 months on Friday and he really started getting the hang of grabbing and holding onto things between 3 and 4 months. He's gotten particularly good by sitting in his bouncy seat and grabbing the toys hanging there. Once he grabbed a toy on his seat the first time that was it, from there he has continued grabbing and now holding onto toys (and hair, shirts, necklaces, etc.). Now that he's holding things he brings them to his mouth almost immediately. I would say your LO is on track and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageamandagen:
    I don't remember when my first started, but this LO will be 4 months on Friday and he really started getting the hang of grabbing and holding onto things between 3 and 4 months. He's gotten particularly good by sitting in his bouncy seat and grabbing the toys hanging there. Once he grabbed a toy on his seat the first time that was it, from there he has continued grabbing and now holding onto toys and hair, shirts, necklaces, etc.. Now that he's holding things he brings them to his mouth almost immediately. I would say your LO is on track and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens soon!

Same here. E will be 4 months on Friday and she didn't start grabbing for toys until about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I think. And it seemed like one day she wasn't all that interested and then the next day she was reaching for them, bringing them to her mouth and Rolling over and reaching for them. It all happened very quickly.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Ds has been for a few weeks. But I feel like dd was closer to 5 months before she cared about toys.
  • For my DD, that started happening closer to 3.5 months. She's getting pretty good at batting at toys and reaching for things and putting them in her mouth, but she's also going to be 16 weeks old in a few days. She's one of the older babies here.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• LO started at around 13.5 weeks. Just that day I had said she should start reaching any day now. It was super cute bc DH and I were both watching and saw her do it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My girl is 14 weeks today and will pick stuff up if I lay it on her chest but she's not reaching out yet. I think it's coming soon though!
  • Whew, okay. Thank you! I feel much better. She is only 12 weeks today. So I'll keep watching, and hopefully she will start trying in a few weeks :)
    Me 33, DH 33, Charlotte 5, Ethan 3
  • He is just starting to. He misses a lot of the time, but he likes shaking the rattle on his activity center.

• My daughter is 12 weeks and 4 days old, she's been grabbing toys and holding them since May 4(10 weeks and 2 days).  She's just started swatting at things in the last week.
  • DS just stared grabbing things in the last week, he's 15 weeks if your mobile.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • E just turned 3 months on the 16th and only last week has she been grasping for toys. She has a real stern look like she's gonna get it and will take her time. She's been playing with her fingers and staring at them intensely for the last 3 weeks...still no interest at rolling over though, she'd rather stand! 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"