September 2011 Moms

Moms of 2+

*Accepting Moosey's "you must start a new thread" challenge*

How have your 2 (or more) pregnancies been alike or different?  Inquiring minds who are at the beginning of the TTC process want to know Wink.  

Re: Moms of 2+

• No symptoms with O. I lost my pg weight almost immediately. 

Every symptom with A.  Still trying to loose it. 

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Woot for TTC!

Mine were pretty similar.  I was definitely more tired and could feel it more at the end with #2, but that's probably just because I was chasing a toddler!  I was lucky both times with relatively easy pregnancies and L&Ds. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sick all the time with #1. Developed a broken blood vessel in my eye that didn't go away until after she was born.

Not as sick with #2, lots of energy, exercised a lot. Developed a nasal polyp  that would require surgery, so I had to wait until he was born. Went away before I left the hospital on its own. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Mine have been fairly similar so far. Knock on wood, I've been pretty lucky and have relatively easy pregnancies. I am hoping for a faster L&D...we'll see.

In the first tri, I get tired and nauseous, but never actually get sick. I actually felt less tired this time, but I think it was just because I couldn't succumb to it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Both of my pregnancies have been very similar -- nausea & very tired during first tri, more engery during second tri, hard to move around & feeling like a cross between a whale and a sloth in third tri.

With this pregnancy, I feel like my body is 'looser' than it was with DS -- my hips are sore (they weren't with DS) and it feels like my tummy is more 'flexible' because it remembered what to do. My feet hurt more because I'm on them more chasing DS non-stop. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • toriwctoriwc member
    With A, I had many more issues internally, including PTL. Very little morning sickness, terrible sciatica, and terrible swelling past 30 wks. With Z, fewer internal issues though some were suspected, terrible morning sickness, smell aversions, and the swelling kicked in at 20 wks. More exhausted. And while I peed a lot with A, it was downright ridiculous with Z.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • toriwctoriwc member
    Am I the only one interested in Cotton's response?
  • imagetoriwc:
    Am I the only one interested in Cotton's response?

Yes
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Mine have been total opposites.

Aug - some nausea weeks 6-12 and then felt great the rest of the pregnancy, plenty of energy, went to the gym 4-5 days a week, stayed pretty small and only gained 22 lbs.

#2 (girl) - horrible m/s weeks 6-20, lots of physical pain from 22 weeks on, myass is like twice as big as it used to be, ugh.  I'm up 22lbs already at 33+ weeks.

• Mine were pretty similar in that they were easy compared to most. No real morning sickness, just some really annoying queasiness and aversions to chicken - I could not handle being in the same room as anyone handling raw chicken. Made cooking really difficult! I also had GD in both pregnancies, from 28 weeks with DD1 and 11 weeks with DD2. I also carried small with both girls, I never got as big of a belly as most of my friends.

Different in weight gain - gained 17lbs with DD1, lost 20lbs with DD2 (the only upside to GD!). I had zero swelling with my first except for when I flew in my second tri, but lots of swelling with my second, probably due to the 115+ degree weather that summer. More sciatic, pelvic and hip pain with #2, I think because I carried her a little lower.

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • CottonCotton member

Mostly they were all similar. Also, I forget a lot Tongue Tied

But....there were some things that stuck out about this last one. One, I was absolutely miserable for the last 4 weeks with #4 and only in the final 3 days did I get that miserable with #5. Also, while there were days I would SWEAR #5 was huge like the others, the truth was, she was still sitting kinda low. I never felt her booty way up at the top, like I remembered with #3 and #4. That made me believe she wasn't quite as big (she wasn't). I craved sweets more and more as the pregnancy went on this time...though NOT at all at in the first tri.

I had heartburn a little worse with each pregnancy, sciatic pain a little worse each time. All that awesomeness. I think I gained within a 10-lb range with each baby.

I felt #1 kick at 17ish weeks, then 15, then 13, then 11.5w, then 10.5w. That was cool.

#1 we both guessed boy and were right.

#2 we both guessed girl and were right.

#3 we both guessed girl and were wrong.

#4 we both guessed girl and were wrong.

#5 we both guessed girl and were right. Big Smile

• I am only 25 weeks but so far both pregnancies have been fairly similar. The major differences have been MS - started earlier with #2 and I dry heaved and vomited more often, fortunately the major sickness ended earlier though the nausea kept up through first tri - and how I'm carrying. #1 I carried WEIRD, my belly didn't really round out until like 30 weeks. This one has been pretty round from the start and much cuter ;) But he seems to be crushing my stomach more, I already feel like I can't eat a full meal without being overly stuffed. (#1 being a girl, #2 being a boy.)
  • imagevnstacie:

No symptoms with O. I lost my pg weight almost immediately. 

Every symptom with A.  Still trying to loose it. 

This scares me.

imageCotton:

I felt #1 kick at 17ish weeks, then 15, then 13, then 11.5w, then 10.5w. That was cool.

But this is AWESOME! 

• All three of my  pregnancies were very different.  With my first, I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 8 weeks...thank goodness I'm not a drinker:)  I had an easy pregnancy with almost no discomfort...other than the heat.  I had DD 10 days late.  With my second pregnancy, I was exhausted (that could be because I had a toddler and was working full time) and slight morning sickness which went away by the end of my first trimester.  I ended up with GD and needed to be monitored weekly for my blood sugars and had DS#1 almost 3 weeks early.  My third pregnancy was by far the worst.  I had bad morning sickness until I got to the 18 week mark.  Then I developed varicose veins everywhere (up and down my legs as well as well as in my who-ha).  I also went 6 days past my due date and looked liked a beached whale by 7 months.  I wonder what a fourth pregnancy would be like:)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • aveehaveeh member

Cotton that is insane that you could feel kicks that early!! 

I didn't feel anything until after 20 weeks with B, I'm hoping if and when we are lucky enough to get a #2 I'll feel it sooner. 

• #1: A little bit of nausea in first tri, but nothing terrible. By second trimester I was feeling good. Diagnosed with GD at 30 weeks and was able to control it with diet. I had a lot more energy, so I took walks almost every evening. I gained about 15lbs.

#2: A lot of nausea in second tri. I was wearing sea bands and chewing ginger gum daily. I still have no energy, I'm constantly sick (I attribute that to having a toddler in daycare) and I cannot wait for this pregnancy to be over. I was diagnosed with GD at 20ish weeks and have hard a harder time controling it with diet. So far I've gained about 13lbs.

• #1 was hard on my asthma.

#2 I had GD and horrible Hyperemesis.

#3 has been the hyperemesis again but no GD as of yet.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"