September 2011 Moms

Back to work I go :) :(

We moved out of state for a new job for DH when I was 17 wks pg with A.  While I kept my eye out for a job, we pretty much assumed being pg, that I wouldn't get hired and I'd be out of work until 3 months or so after I had the baby.  The long term plan was never for me to stay home.

Well I found a job.  It's full time, (I was hoping to find something part time) but its for the school district, so the hours are pretty good, no over time or anything, and except for summer I will be off when the schools are off.  It's a 5 min drive from my house at most, where I used to commute 45 min one way, so I will make up some time there too. I start 5/29.

I have such mixed feelings.  Literally one minute I can't wait to get back to work and the next I'm crying at the thought of it.  I never thought I'd enjoy staying home, but I really do.  I like my career too though, and right now we need for me to be working, so it is what it is.

No real point to this post, just sharing the news.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Back to work I go :) :(

• manda26manda26 member
    GL! Mixed emotions are normal, but a job in the schools is great!!
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good luck! Working so close to home with definitely make things easier for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck the hours/schedule are great for a family!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • jen4nyjen4ny member
    Good luck! Your hours and commute sound great. The first few weeks will be the hardest and then it will get much easier to leave your little ones. 
    "From the moment I first saw you, the second that you were born, I knew that you were the love of my life" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 35, DH: 40
    TTC # 2 since 8/13, Dx: unexplained secondary infertility
    Clomid cycles 7/14 & 8/14= BFN
    IUI # 1 (clomid) 8/27/14= BFN
    IUI # 2 (clomid and follistim) 9/25/14= BFN
    IUI # 3 (femara and follistim) 10/23/14= BFN
    IUI # 4 (femara and follistim) 11/20/14= BFN
    12/12/14- saline sono shows two polyps
    2/15- two uterine polyps and "schmutz" (RE's words) removed
    8/15- surprise BFP! Beta #1 70 Beta #2 150 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board