Babies: 3 - 6 Months

What to Look for in Sick Baby

LO has had a dry cough and a bit of mucus the last few days; he's also been sleeping a lot more than usual and has some eye gunk going on.  He doesn't have a fever, is still eating well, and is having plenty of wet diapers.  I know it's probably just a basic cold (I just got over one last week), but what do I need to look for in terms of when to call his doctor, especially in regards to his cough?

Re: What to Look for in Sick Baby

• The things you already listed: fever, lack of appetite, and less wet diapers. If you observe any of those things, that's when you should call.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemabenner1:
    The things you already listed: fever, lack of appetite, and less wet diapers. If you observe any of those things, that's when you should call.

i agree 

~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Maybe you want to call the Dr.'s office about the cough if it's persistent. Our pedi always likes to check the oxygen levels when there's a cough that won't go away.
  • J+MSJ+MS member
    imageokami.mami:
    Maybe you want to call the Dr.'s office about the cough if it's persistent. Our pedi always likes to check the oxygen levels when there's a cough that won't go away.
    A cough can last up to 2 weeks just from a common virus. That's when I would go.
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • imagemabenner1:
    The things you already listed: fever, lack of appetite, and less wet diapers. If you observe any of those things, that's when you should call.

This is what I heard as well when I called with similar symptoms.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• imageShaungela:

imagemabenner1:

i agree 

Agree, plus rapid breathing or use of accessory muscles (retractions).

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"