August 2013 Moms

Looking for jobs

Hey guys, I am due in the middle of August. I work a full-time jobs right now but way too many hours and not enough money. I work over 40 a week and my salary is only averaging 12.50/hr and hasn't increased. I know there is no way I could work these hours once he is born, and my fiance hates the hours as well because we can never do anything. Does anyone know of jobs that are legit to do from home? Nothing that involves selling products. Thanks!

Re: Looking for jobs

• My current job is only going to give me 6 weeks leave and it is unpaid that is not enough time off. I can understand 8 weeks but not 6.
  • Um... yea that's better then what I was making at my job and better hours. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • I think the jobs that you are looking for are few and far between unless you are already employed by a company that agrees to let you work from home.

That said... do you  have any bookkeeping skills? QuickBooks? That is definitely something that you could do at home as a sole proprietor for a few different businesses.

Could you sign up for a medical transcriptionist class and hook up with a doctor's office?

"The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • yea that's what I think I'm going to look into. I am in the medical field and have been for awhile. I just finished this semester up and got my general associates done.
  • Is working from home your only option?

I have a job through a temp agency that pays much better than $12.50/hr, and is a set 40 hours a week. Overtime is optional, and rarely available, so I don't do it anyway. Maybe you could find a better full-time job through a temp agency.

I'm sorry, I don't have any suggestions for work-from-home jobs.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• I have a position where I work from home, but not only did I have to work my way up to it, I had to talk to our hr and office manager in order to transition to this position. If that's not possible with your current position, I would agree with pp and try a temp agency. Don't be surprised, however, if you only get 6 weeks of unpaid leave off or if you don't even qualify for fmla since you plan on switching jobs. It varies depending on the size of the company and the fmla requirements in your state. I get 6 weeks paid with std and have the option of 6 weeks unpaid. It's 8 weeks for a c section.

Also, just because a position is wfh, doesn't mean you can have lo with you at all times. Most companies have a policy where you have to prove lo is in some sort of daycare of in care of someone while you're working. They're not going to pay you to work if you're going to be taking care of your child. Just a thought.
  • Thanks! That's what I was also thinking too. I plan on staying with this job until I have the baby. It just afterwards is my concern, I can' work these hours I am with a new born and breastfeeding its too much and not enough money with the experience I have.
  • I know you said nothing with selling, but I sell thirtyone and I do really well with it! I'm college educated but couldn't find a job that was worth my time away from my son. If you do 3 to 4 parties a month, at 2 to 3 hour max each party, you will make a good amount of money!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ok thanks! i will definitely look into it :)
  • Alpine Access. I'm not sure if it will pay more and I know they require you to have a completely silent environment to work from. But it may be an option. Good luck.
  • imagelorow0715:
    Alpine Access. I'm not sure if it will pay more and I know they require you to have a completely silent environment to work from. But it may be an option. Good luck.

I actually have several offers from them I just couldn't find something to work with school but they are legit. Most of it is home call center stuff. 

imageimageimageimage

• imageamarissa85:

imagelorow0715:
    Alpine Access. I'm not sure if it will pay more and I know they require you to have a completely silent environment to work from. But it may be an option. Good luck.

I actually have several offers from them I just couldn't find something to work with school but they are legit. Most of it is home call center stuff. 

Do you know how much they pay?
  • ok great thanks! I will look into it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"