February 2013 Moms

FF moms....

Just wondering how old your LO is, their weight, how many ounces each feeding and how often are you feeding. My LO eats 5 oz about 7 times per day. He seems satisfied after a feeding, but when we occasionally offer him more he will scarf it down lik hes never eaten his whole life. Everyone keeps telling me that 5oz is plenty for my little 15 week, 15 pound turkey but I'm thinking of upping it. What do you all think?

Re: FF moms....

• My girl gets 5 oz but probably only 6 times a day. We just upped it to 5 from 4. She just turned 12 weeks and is probably 13 or 14 lbs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD is 12 weeks. She weighs 12 lbs. She was taking 6oz bottles 5x per day, but she sometimes has a 6th bottle. Our ped told us to feed her as much as she wants, as often as she wants because she wasn't gaining weight early on.
    image">

image"">
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Loading the player...
  • Our boys are around 13 or 14 lbs now and they are 14 weeks. They are still waking up for one MOTN feeding. Their daytime bottles are usually 4 oz every 2.5 to 3 hours then their last 2 feedings of the day and their MOTN bottles are 6 oz. They average about 30 to 34 oz a day which is better than the 36 to 38 oz they were taking at 2 months. Our pedi recommended we try to get them to 32 oz because they were taking too much and eating every 2 hours.
  • jd614jd614 member
    DS is 14 wks old and weighs 16lbs. He takes 6oz bottles 5 times a day so anywhere from every 3 to 4 hrs...occassionaly he will have a 6th bottle. He was EBF until 10 weeks but i had to stop for medical reasons fairly abruptly so its still a little new for us!
  • We just upped ours too, from 4oz to 6oz per feeding and about 7 feedings a day also. He weighs 16 lbs and has always had a healthy appetite.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Drea926Drea926 member
    DS is 14 weeks and probably close to 14 pounds at this point. He takes 6 ounces five or six times a day. If he eats six times at one point he won't take a whole bottle so I would say 30-34 ounces a day. He can chow! His record is a sixer in 12 minutes with a slow flow nipple!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• sbl0609sbl0609 member
    DS is 15 weeks and takes 5 oz every 3 hours. He still has one MOTN feeding so he eats 30 oz over 6 feelings. I really want to drop the night feeding. Anyone have experience with how to do this? 
  • 2moms2b2moms2b member
    My guys are almost 16 weeks.  Our little guy is is 13.5lbs and eats 5 to 6 times a day 4 to 5 oz per feeding.  Our big guy is almost 17lbs and eats 5-6 times a day at 6 to 7 oz.  The number of bottles depends on when they go to bed and if they STTN or wake over night. 
    M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Nicky is 11.5 weeks and the last time I weighed him is just under 13 lbs.  His first feeding of the day is usually 8 ounces (he sleeps for 10-11 hours at night so he must be starving when we wakes up).  After that, he'll have 4 - 6 oz every 3 - 4 hours, depending on how active he is.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"