February 2013 Moms

NOT rolling

Anyone else's LO not even interested in rolling? DD is one of the older babies on this board, 16 weeks on Wednesday, and she has shown zero interest or effort in rolling either way. I haven't been concerned, just figured she'd do it sometime, but maybe I'm wrong? Should I be doing something to help her roll? I'll roll her body sometimes to sort of show her, but she still doesn't care lol

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: NOT rolling

• My DD is 16 weeks as of Saturday and has not rolled either. She was 3 weeks early. I would say just this week she has started to teeter back and forth a bit when she is on her tummy, but that's about all.
    We are in PT for torticollis and they don't seem worried so I am not. I will say 2 things they suggested to help her is 1 to put her elbows directly under her shoulders when doing tummy time to help with shoulder strength. The other is to lay them on their back and roll just their legs and bottom towards their belly, and they have to use neck muscles to get the rest of their body around. But really I wouldn't worry about it yet, and maybe just ask your pedi about it at the next visit.
    Is your LO holding their head up well?

Married to DH 10.29.11

DD born 1.26.13
    DS born 6.12.14
    #3 due 12.6.16

• Yeah her head has always actually been really strong... Like even in the hospital the nurses commented Haha. Her next visit is in 2 weeks

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ohlordyohlordy member

DD isn't rolling yet, either. She will be 13 weeks tomorrow and only once she went from back to almost on her tummy. She holds her head up wonderfully but when lifted by her arms, she has a lot of lag in her neck. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• My son rolled in his sleep last night, but it was really surprising because he shows no interest when awake. We'll see what today brings.

• DS1 started rolling and crawling pretty close together.  He was over 4 months old before he rolled one way.   DS2 can roll both ways!  It's random and depends on the kid.  Don't worry about milestones/compare unless you pedi becomes worried at checkups.  They do things on their own schedule.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I agree with everyone that its totally random. I'm a FTM but I have one friend who's baby rolled BOTH ways at 8 weeks. She didn't end up walking until well past 1 year. Another friend who baby rolled after 4 months and was walking before a year.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • we are 14 weeks and we aren't rolling either.  He would rather just sit there or lay there and laugh
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • DS is 15 weeks and only rolls by accident. Though lately I can see he is trying to figure it out. He squirms and leans in one directions, then starts to whine in frustration. Some days he can roll no problem and others he just lays there squirming. At least he hold his head pretty well and is pushing off with his feet so I am not too worried. It will come. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagecoffeecream:
    DD will be 13 weeks on Thursday, and she's not the least bit interested in rolling either. Thanks for posting, because I was starting to think she was the only one!

That's why I posted!  Everyone's talking about their babies rolling, and I'm over here like "mine could care less!"

BabyFetus Ticker
  • 13 weeks here and no rolling. He has kind of rolled from belly to back twice while doing tummy time, but I think it was more of a "fall" than a roll. I'm not worried I know babies do everything in their own timeline.
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2moms2b2moms2b member

We have one that can roll both ways and is now starting to use his rolling abilities to move (he is 17lbs and incredibly strong).  His brother, who is 13lbs and still a little wobbly isn't interested.  He is just now getting up on his side consistently and sometimes will go over but it's momentum not on purpose.    

I just remind myself while they are the same age, they are two different people.  While J rolls he could care less about the fine motor skills where S is much further along with fine motor skills and behind J on gross motor skills. 

I wouldn't stress it yet momma.  

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My LO is one of the younger ones on the board, but also shows no interest in rolling. He doesn't push himself up by his arms yet, either. *sigh*

Though, I'm totally OK with the rolling thing. I like not worrying about where I set him down :X 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Three months on Wednesday and not rolling yet either. He rolled tummy to back a few times when he was three weeks old, but not since. He frequently rolls from back to side, but no interest in going all the way over. Thanks for posting this, I was starting to feel that mine was the only one!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 13 week baby here and no rolling yet, just pushing head and chest up when on belly.
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Not even a hint of rolling here.

DD1 was a preemie, but she didn't roll on purpose until she was about 9 months old. She then went from not even rolling to walking in 2 months and was toddling around with no help at a bit over 11 months.

I am therefore not at all worried that DD2 is showing no interest in rolling. She'll get around to it at some point.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• My LO doesn't seem to roll over either even with my help she doesn't want too.
    Mr & Mrs Larry Conklin Jr. Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"