September 2011 Moms
Options

TV

Answering the challenge from moosey! 

If your LO watches TV, what shows do they like right now?  

"From the moment I first saw you, the second that you were born, I knew that you were the love of my life" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Me: 35, DH: 40
TTC # 2 since 8/13, Dx: unexplained secondary infertility
Clomid cycles 7/14 & 8/14= BFN
IUI # 1 (clomid) 8/27/14= BFN
IUI # 2 (clomid and follistim) 9/25/14= BFN
IUI # 3 (femara and follistim) 10/23/14= BFN
IUI # 4 (femara and follistim) 11/20/14= BFN
12/12/14- saline sono shows two polyps
2/15- two uterine polyps and "schmutz" (RE's words) removed
8/15- surprise BFP! Beta #1 70 Beta #2 150 

Re: TV

• Options
    jen4nyjen4ny member
    A just recently started getting more interested in the TV. He still doesn't sit for a whole show. I figure we are close enough to two to let him watch. He loves Barney and Sesame Street. 
    "From the moment I first saw you, the second that you were born, I knew that you were the love of my life" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 35, DH: 40
    TTC # 2 since 8/13, Dx: unexplained secondary infertility
    Clomid cycles 7/14 & 8/14= BFN
    IUI # 1 (clomid) 8/27/14= BFN
    IUI # 2 (clomid and follistim) 9/25/14= BFN
    IUI # 3 (femara and follistim) 10/23/14= BFN
    IUI # 4 (femara and follistim) 11/20/14= BFN
    12/12/14- saline sono shows two polyps
    2/15- two uterine polyps and "schmutz" (RE's words) removed
    8/15- surprise BFP! Beta #1 70 Beta #2 150 
  • Options
    The ONLY show she will sit and watch is curious George.

Elmo and Thomas last 5 min max. And she will not watch movies [Disney], although she will glance at Nemo quite often if its on in the background.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    B will watching of the shows on Disney jr. That's the only thing that plays in our house. He really only watches tv in the mornings and some on the weekends. If I really need time to do something I just put cars on. He will watch cars or cars 2 without moving! LOVES those movies!
  • Options
    GVSU-04GVSU-04 member
    He'll watch the Wiggles and the Chica Show. I like that the Sprout shows are 15 minutes with no commercials during the program. We get a show in, 15 minutes relax time, then we're done.
  • Options

imageBsMom2011:
    B will watching of the shows on Disney jr. That's the only thing that plays in our house. He really only watches tv in the mornings and some on the weekends. If I really need time to do something I just put cars on. He will watch cars or cars 2 without moving! LOVES those movies!

I think our boys would get along great with their love of Cars, the movie and the toys!

His favorite TV show is still Yo Gabba Gabba. He'll ask for "Gabba" every now and then. He also loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, especially Minnie, Octonauts, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Bubble Guppies. 

• Options
    She doesnt really "watch" shows, but Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is her favorite. She waves bye bye and blows kisses at the end of the show when they're all leaving the clubhouse. We usually only put Disney Jr on so those are the shows she recognizes - Doc McStuffins, Jake & the Neverland Pirates, Oso.
  • Options
    C has just started watching tv. I'm thinking my sister lets him watch more of it than I usually do, because every morning he brings us the remote and asks for mouse! He loves Mickey Mouse clubhouse!

HP super sirius

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The only shows I put on for her are Bubble Guppies and Sesame Street.  She won't really sit and watch for more than a few minutes.  But I put them on while I nurse A.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The Disney Jr shows he really likes - Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Octonauts, Chuggington, Doc McStuffins, Little Einsteins, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Princess Sophia, Jesse, Dog with a Blog, Good Luck Charlie.

Then there are the Nick Jr. shows like Bupple Guppies, Team Umizoomi, Dora (ugh!), and Diego.

We don't sit and watch as much as the list makes it sound.  The tv is always on while we are playing and he ignores it most of the time except first thing in the morning when he's having breakfast and I'm ironing and before bed when we snuggle and do quiet time.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

He watches a little Sesame Street every morning.  He's obsessed with Elmo so I have some episodes on DVR and we just watch the "Elmo the Musical" parts.

He'll watch a little Curious George too.

Other than that, he just loves animal shows.  If there's a documentary on wolves or lions, he turns into a zombie!  He'll actually watch sports with DH too which is funny to me, but I think he just likes the activity of sitting in Dad's lap, sharing a snack, and talking aout what's going on (cheering, high fiving, etc).

• Options
    Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is his 1. He also really likes Special Agent Oso, Doc McStuffins, and Henry Hugglemonster and Little Einsteins. We only watch Disney Junior, because other kid shows annoy me. Haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is her favorite ever!. She will also watch Little Einsteins, Special Agent Oso, Doc McStuffins, and Octonauts...sometimes Sophia the First.

I will not let her watch Spongebob because I hate it or Neverland Pirates because it gets on my ever loving nerve!  

For movies- she LOVES Finding Nemo! And will watch Lion King, Ice Age, Cars, and Monsters Inc.

• Options

We only watch PBS. We don't have cable, so options are limited, but I'm not sure that would change if we had more channels.

She watches Sesame Street most days, we also watch Mr. Rogers about one a week. We've seen Sid the Science Kid and a few other shows periodically.

We record Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers so they are there whenever we want, we don't really watch live TV.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Mickey Mouse and Barney
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    valzeevalzee member

He likes Elmo, Mr Rogers and "Nomas" but sometimes I'll put on Mad Men while I'm folding clothes. (bad mommy!)

DH watches GI Joe and Samurai Jack with him, he's been looking forward to that since we found out I was pregnant!

• Options
    manda26manda26 member
    little bear adventures of chuck and friends chuggington and one episode each of Dora and Team Umizoomi with a firetruck in it sometimes Peter Rabbit
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    V loves Animal Atlas and is currently *obsessed* with Word World.  She goes around the house trying to "spell" things.  "E, A, E, A, O...T!!!"  Apparently every word in her universe ends in T.
  • Options
    Oh I forgot, she also likes to watch NASCAR with her daddy. She fist pumps while its on. I don't know where she picked that up from lol
  • Options
    The only thing that really captivates him is Bubble Guppies.  He will come in from daycare, run in circles and sing...Bubble, bubble, bubble, Guppie, Guppie, Guppies...over and over again.  He sounds like a broken record.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    She is constantly asking for VeggieTales, though she doesn't always pay attention once they're on.  She also likes Bubble Guppies (bubbies) and Yo Gabba Gabba, and LeapFrog Phonics Farm on Netflix.  She's hit or miss with paying attention to the TV though.  She does better if I'm not in her eyeline.

• Options

imageGVSU-04:
    He'll watch the Wiggles and the Chica Show. I like that the Sprout shows are 15 minutes with no commercials during the program. We get a show in, 15 minutes relax time, then we're done.

B loooooooves Chica! When she hears the happy birthday song she comes running from wherever she is to dance to it. And she yells "Chicky! Chicky!'.

• Options
    DS loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Super Why!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"