February 2013 Moms

Healthy Snack Suggestions - NBR

My weight loss downfall is - and has always been - snacks.  I've tried eating fruits and veggies when I get a little hungry between meals, but I'm always hungry within 30 minutes again and then I just end of eating whatever I wanted originally - usually something carby or sugary or both.

What do you ladies like that curbs your snack-time cravings?

Re: Healthy Snack Suggestions - NBR

• lbonga1lbonga1 member
    I honestly love snacking on rice crispy treats. Probably not the healthiest option, but they curb my sweet tooth and they're only 90 calories...and more satisfying than those 100 calorie packs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I am the same way with fruit and veggie snacks! I eat a lot of organic granola bars lately. Way too much sugar... oh, and Cheddar Bunnies. Way too carby. Sorry I'm no help :/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Nuts!! Target sells this great mixture that I love to munch on. Along with trail mix, pretzels and string cheese!!
  • I've been trying to grab something quick and healthy-ish that still fills my sweets quota - a bowl of oatmeal sometimes does the trick. Wish it worked more often!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have a big jar that we keep full of nuts, almonds and pecans and pistachios, and I like to throw in dried cherries too for something sweet. We buy all the nuts in bulk and mix them together ourselves. If I'm hungry I have this and a banana, sometimes oatmeal too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Apple slices and peanutbutter always work for me! Pb has the protein to hold me over
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• akp0709akp0709 member

I LOVE an afternoon/nursing snack!

My "menu" generally consists of: smoothie (try it with protein powder), almonds, greek yogurt, cheese, wheat thins, granola bars, popcorn, and hummus. 

"Always remember there was nothing worth sharing like the love that let us share our name"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejessicalgilmore:
    Apple slices and peanutbutter always work for me! Pb has the protein to hold me over

Lucky you! Peanut butter is not welcome in my household since I like it just a little too much.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 2moms2b2moms2b member

We started doing paleo a few weeks after LOs arrived.  I love snacking on plantain chips, banana chips and train mix with dark chocolate.  The dark chocolate is a bit sweet and much healthier for you.  I also keep a supply of fresh fruit and veggies. 

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • apple slices with PB, sliced sweet peppers, pretzel chips, nuts (unsalted), greek yogurt, sliced cheese, cut up fruit (strawberries, pineapple, whatever's on sale)

if you prep ahead of time and make it fast and easy, you will be more likely to grab the healthy stuff. After a while, I find that I don't care for processed foods or snacks (or general crap) anymore.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"