3rd Trimester
Options

Pregnancy thoughts normal??please read.

Feel Off since gender scan

Feel something bad will happen during labor or before/after

Can't shake this nagging feeling in my head.

feel I'll wake up one day and she will be gone

when buying things for her I get a sick feeling in my stomach.

feel like getting sick/ anxious when people talk about her arrival and when people say her name.I'm convinced she won't be coming home  with me.

Can't picture her here like it's not going to happen.

When I think about labor and her coming out I can't even picture what she will look like.

I feel uneasy when setting things up for her like there isn't a point

I don't want to talk about pregnancy at all.

I didn't even want a baby shower.

This is my second pregnancy I never ever felt this way with my first.

I know I have posted this before but I'm really trying to work out my feelings and get through them.

it all started when I found out the gender, and when my friend  was posting all these pics of her babies who passed away, and then she posted pictures of the things she bought them and I remember thinking that it must have been hard seeing those things when you don't have a baby to put in them, and then idk what happened after that, sometimes I try thinking that it's a boy because that's comforting because I already had a boy. I'm dealing with depersonalizing as well, so idk that the bad feeling is because I don't feel comfortable.

I just wish I could find someone who has felt exactly the same way about everything as I do and everything turned out ok.

I have read some stories of moms who lost their babies who felt the same way, but I have also talked to other moms who dfelt this very same way and things turned out fine.

I did read about women feeling their babies one second and then not the next and they were gone, I also read of moms losing their babies in labor and delivery, I also read about moms knowing from the beginning that something wasn't right, and just chalked it up to anxiety.

So are there moms out there that have felt exactly the same way and how did it turn out? I want the good and bad. I need to work through these feelings, I can't tell the difference between anxiety/paranoia or intuition.

Re: Pregnancy thoughts normal??please read.

• Options
    My first suggestion is to stop reading these stories.......some of what you are feeling is totally normal.  We had very close friends lose a baby late and it definitely was on my mind my whole pregnancy.  I think if you are not already seeking some counselling and support for these feelings, you might want to consider it.  It sounds like you need to talk it out and a professional could help you with this.  You say uou have posted this before, so you are clearly reaching out, however, we are strangers on the internet and I think someone in real life might be better for you......

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm pretty sure I responded to this exact post about a weeks ago..

Edit: I didn't see where you said that, but even so you got a lot of good advice from a lot of people. I've felt the same way at times but there's nothing more to say other than what's already been said. You need to see a mental health professional and deal with this, the interwebz has helped you as much as it can.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think you should seek the help of a mental health professional to cope with your incessant anxieties. Some anxiety is normal but these obsessive, morbid fixations are not. I'm also curious as to how the sex of the baby has influenced your worries and why that matters.

You really need a trained professional to work through these fears. Wishing you the best. Good luck.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageJasmineeelizabeth:

yes but I made it easier to read. and still would like others to comment, am I not aloud to post more than once about the same subject in a different group?

• Options

imagePrimRoseMama:
    I think you should seek the help of a mental health professional to cope with your incessant anxieties. Some anxiety is normal but these obsessive, morbid fixations are not. I'm also curious as to how the sex of the baby has influenced your worries and why that matters. You really need a trained professional to work through these fears. Wishing you the best. Good luck.

I guess it's because I have a boy and I have always wanted a boy first and then a girl.

• Options

imagePrimRoseMama:
    I think you should seek the help of a mental health professional to cope with your incessant anxieties. Some anxiety is normal but these obsessive, morbid fixations are not. I'm also curious as to how the sex of the baby has influenced your worries and why that matters. You really need a trained professional to work through these fears. Wishing you the best. Good luck.

I don't know about OP but personally I felt a lot better and felt safer after they told me it was a boy. My Mom lost 2 girls due to preterm labor not that long ago, and a teacher I was close with lost her baby girl as well. It was so easy to picture myself going through what they went through. Logically I know that that was a coincidence and the sex of the baby has nothing to do with it, but it made me feel better because I wasn't easily able picturing losing a boy. As I type it out it seems silly, but sometimes our brains work in weird ways, and I can see that the opposite may happen for some people.

One thing I didn't mention in the last post OP is that I've found comfort in some of the mantras that the PgAL ladies have posted, for example I repeat to myself "Today I am pregnant and I love my baby"  I've also read some article directed towards woman who have experienced a loss, and it really helped me change some of my thinking patterns. Although I can never understand how hard it would be to personally go through a loss, my Mom's late losses when I was 14 & 16 rewired my brain to be very weary and fearful of being pregnant, and it's made it really hard to enjoy being pregnant at all so I do understand what you're going through.

• Options
    imageCJDMOM12345:
    imageJasmineeelizabeth:

yes but I made it easier to read. and still would like others to comment, am I not aloud to post more than once about the same subject in a different group?

Go ahead. I was just saying that I read through your entire last post and I spent a lot of time writing out a response for you and I thought that you got some really good answers there, some of which helped me as well. I don't know what else you're looking for. 

• Options

I agree with PP. I almost wonder if you are trying to freak out other women. Everyone is suggesting getting professional help. JUST DO IT ALREADY.

There is nothing we can do to convince you things will be ok.  

image image

• Options
    imageCJDMOM12345:
    imageJasmineeelizabeth:

You can post whatever you want, wherever you want.  But you posted about this exact same thing on our birth month board last week and a lot of us responded to  you with slight variations on the same answer - you need to speak with a healthcare/mental health professional.  No one is going to say something here that will magically fix what you're experiencing because this isn't a simple problem.  Like I said in my other response, anxiety is very common but anxiety that takes over your life is not and there's no shame in that but it's not something you can just wish away by asking people on a message board to make you feel better.  It's serious and I hope you take our advice and get help so that you can enjoy your pregnancy. 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    We all have pregnancy anxieties. However, I agree with PP's I think you need to speak with a professional about your anxieties. This just doesn't seem healthy.

GL OP.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagePrimRoseMama:

This.  You need to talk to someone in real life.   

• Options

I didn't see your post on the other board.

I'm really sorry you are going through this.

I was having a lot of stress that is interfering with this idea of 'enjoying' the pregnancy. It's not EXACTLY like yours. I am wondering if mine is more mood swings. But it is bad. 

I was going to post here but people seem very unsympathetic here so maybe I'd better not. 

I do think you should see a professional counselor. I understand why that is hard--because sometimes insurance doesn't cover it. And whom do you go to? And what will they do for you?   

Anti-depressants are not good for the baby so it's sometimes hard to get treatment that way.

Consider asking your OB. Just say you are finding that your worries are too much and go somewhat beyond normal and you would like to maybe see someone who specializes in pregnant women and their fears (or whatever).

I would say some of these are on the edge of normal. One thing that happened with my first pregnancy was I wasn't all excited/making a nursery, etc. I was not 'bonding' with my fetus. And I would see moms who were very into being pregnant. But then later, after the baby came, for some reason I was a lot happier than those moms. Like I hadn't any expectations of some blissful maternal experience and I found the experience of being a mom pretty amazing and it was great---right from the start. When I saw the baby, I bonded with the baby.

Maybe one problem is that you are putting too much pressure on yourself to feel things or not feel things. It's just feelings. It probably doesn't have any deep meaning.

I do not find your fears all that terrible. I do not think your issue about the gender is a huge deal. Maybe it is just harder to imagine being a mom to a girl for you. Once you actually HAVE a girl this can all change. 

One reason for seeing a counselor is that sometimes you can uncover some deeper reasons for your feelings--like maybe you have some unresolved issues about your relationship with your mother that you are afraid to repeat and this is why having a girl is an issue for you.

Being pregnant can be emotional for sure. VERY weird thoughts can come up. Don't fixate on your thoughts. Accept that they are normal even if they could be eased with counseling. The more you fixate on them, the harder it will be to deal with them.  

• Options

I do memorial photography for babies who will never leave the hospital.  Many have already passed when I arrive, others die right in front of me.  Doing this while pregnant has been difficult especially when I'm working with a baby who is the same gestation as mine.  So in the beginning I kept seeing these babies and thinking "OK, I know what a 15 week baby looks like... I know what a 20 week baby looks like...".  So I completely understand 100% these thoughts and feelings.

So what got me through and kept me from freaking out and giving in to anxiety?  Talking to a counselor.  I started seeing the grief counselor at the hospital I work at as soon as I hit 15 weeks and started having these connections to the babies I've worked with.  It wasn't really her job but we ran into each other and started chatting one day and she recommended I come talk to her, even as just a friend.  It helped a ton, just to be able to talk about it.  Because even my husband didn't really understand even though he tried hard.  So yes, what PP are telling you is the solution to your problem.  GET HELP.  It seems like you are experiencing a ton of anxiety and that can actually be very bad for you AND the baby who is in some ways affected by your state of mind.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options
    You need to go get help. Those aren't healthy thoughts. Someone should be able to help you through them. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"